Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bombardier dealers have been told not to sell to Canadians,

Economists estimate that Canadians may be paying as much as 20 per cent more than Americans for similar products sold in the U.S.

Bombardier dealers have been told not to sell to Canadians, in order to protect dealers north of the border.

The Bombardier-made 2007 Sea-Doo GTX Limited, a high-end watercraft, has a U.S. list price of about US$13,000. But in Canada, the same product is nearly $18,000 -- a difference of about $4,400.

Bruce Cran, president of the Consumers Association of Canada, sent an outraged letter to the company, saying: "During the past 70 years the Bombardier group has been the beneficiary of many grants, loans and other assistances provided from taxes contributed by the same Canadian Consumers the company is now working feverishly to rip off."

CTV.ca

Im willing to bet you will have a hard time refusing a sale cause their from canada. A sale is a sale. They should just take a hike. Seadoos are rediculously priced in Canada.

i sure won't buy in canada and i hope next time brp want s a gov handout/bailout we let them go belly up.

everything in canada is over priced...

PWC
    Kawasaki Ultra 250x

Every dealer for every brand has probably been told the same thing. When I bought my Ultra 250 in the US, the dealer was willing to work with me, all I had to do is provide him with a US address for the copy of the bill that goes back to Kawasaki corporate office. I have a PO BOX in the US, so I gave him that. The dealers want to make money and a sale is a sale, so they will work with you. The only catch is that warranty will NOT be honored in Canada unless you are a US resident "traveling" through Canada and can convince them of such.

Still I saved $3000 by buying in the US so I think it's worth it.
    Last edited by Marc_D; 05-20-2008 at 01:33 PM.

so if i am looking at buying a new sea doo should i go to the usa and buy it?

PWC
    98 Superjet

The dollar isn't anywhere close to par anymore. Our dollar has been hovering around 20%-25% less the the USD for the past few months. On top of the exchange rate, you have to consider the taxes to bring it into Canada. Unless the CAD suddenly gains ground on the USD, it's not at all worth it. If you bought last summer, you'd have saved ALOT

yeah i sorta realized that... got on the sea doo us site and saw the prices are still almost the same after u factor all that in!

thanks though

PWC
    SEADOO

Default just wait until later in the year

just wait until the US$ tanks again later in the year. the deals in the US will be back again.

This has been going on for years now, when the dollar was par it was the worst because we where paying 20% more here straight up.

Most things now are back to normal but BPR still rips us off. I'm not up to speed with our pricing on new sea-doos but ski-doo I do know there is about a 3500 diff in price from the Etec 600 tnt here to the one in the US.

Nothing is going to change, no one can do anything about it, if someone has an idea I'm all hears, and willing to help.