Default Re: high winds/Ocean ride

I was out of town and missed the wind storm here. Was wondering if anybody had the chance to see the water swells and to offer a report on it.
    (Was thinking strongly of ocean ride for an hour had I been here)

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

Wow, you are a crazy man aren't you? I was coming back down the sea-to-sky highway during the storm and stopped at Porteau Cove to get out in the weather. I've never stood in such strong wind before - the kind you have a hard time standing up in. The whitecaps on the ocean were intense and all I could think of was how cool it would be to ride around in it - except for the whole getting killed thing.
    I'll post some pics in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev26
    I'll post some pics in a bit.
    Thanks Kev. I have the ski indoors right now un-winterized and see we may have a high of 9 and some sun coming.
    I might go for a 1 hour ride (as brutally cold as it will be) to cure my withdrawals. It will be the ocean as it's a bit warmer and much clearer than the Fraser this time of year.

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

Damn, sure hope your wetsuit is thick. Here's some pics of us in the windstorm:

Me trying to stay upright:

In front of the whitecaps:

Jaz in the wind. Check out the bent trees behind:

Little water spout that flew across the water:

Quote Originally Posted by SideFX
    Thanks Kev. I have the ski indoors right now un-winterized and see we may have a high of 9 and some sun coming.
    I might go for a 1 hour ride (as brutally cold as it will be) to cure my withdrawals. It will be the ocean as it's a bit warmer and much clearer than the Fraser this time of year.

Just had to come back and see this great riding weather again.......