PWC
    Sadly not anymore

Default Saturday 17 May 2008

Wow, what a day yesterday. We were so exhausted when we got home. Might have had something to do with wearing the full wetsuit the whole day.

For the benefit of others that weren't on the ride, Molson Canadian, The Bald Eagle and us launch from Surrey and went out around UBC and met up with SideFX and Maxy. We rode around to Granville Island for lunch. Is it me or are we becoming minor celebrities down there? Jasmine and I answered a few questions from people wondering where we rode in from etc.
    After lunch Side and Maxy hung around English Bay because of a battery issue with Maxy's ski. Molson, Baldy, two other skis (I didn't get their names) and us rode around to Horseshoe Bay. Riding around in the bay there Baldy ran into an issue as well. Sucking in a piece of driftwood that we couldn't dislodge. Oh, and you don't know how fast you can rig up and tow when a big ferry sounds it horn and starts pulling out. lol

So Molson ended up towing Baldy back to Wreak Beach (that I'm now officially renaming to Wrench Beach - see pics). We managed to borrow some tools and Aaron got the intake grate off and removed the piece of wood. From there we headed back for the day.
    What a great time! We has such a blast again and looking forward to the next time already.

Side note - hey Mike, guess who was launching at the same time we were this time at higher tide? That's right, smart guy that was stuck last time. He had lifejackets this time and sporting rolled up jeans. Classic.

The full album of 57 pics is here but here are the highlights:

Gassing up down by Granville Island:

The four skis in front of the Marina and Ferry at Horseshoe Bay:

The Bald Eagle ripping around (Horseshoe Bay):

Molson Canadian ripping it up too (Horseshoe Bay):
    Last edited by Kev26; 05-18-2008 at 08:41 AM.

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

Aaron, what's the problem? I'm sure the big big Ferry will go around you :

Ferry passengers checking us out:

Trying to dislodge the blockage:

Wrench Beach:

PWC
    1997 Kawasaki ZXi 1100

one of the other two guys was me, I was the one with the shorter red kawasaki and my brother inlaw was the big guy with the yellow GTX, although we did switch for a while.

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

Default Video

1. Sorry for the delay, YouTube took forever to upload.
    2. I will remount the cam on my ski instead of on my handle bars

** On the YouTube site, Make sure you click on 'Watch in High Quality' under Views under the video box **

P.S. Great pics Kevin! - Also, thanks to you and Dennis for the extraordinary help!
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

Wow, awesome video Aaron!! I can't believe you get such good shots of us while trying to drive. Nice editing too, very pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaldEagle View Post
    1. Sorry for the delay, YouTube took forever to upload.
    2. I will remount the cam on my ski instead of on my handle bars

** On the YouTube site, Make sure you click on 'Watch in High Quality' under Views under the video box **

youtube

P.S. Great pics Kevin! - Also, thanks to you and Dennis for the extraordinary help!

Fantastic video BaldEagle! Looks like it was fun (except for your chunk of wood) and you had calm seas. In August when I'm over on your side, I'll try to hook up with you guys for a ride. Any plans to come over here for a Victoria/Gulf Islands ride?

I've been trying to hook up with fellow riders on the Island, but so far, no luck. Are you aware of any members on this side?

PWC
    08' RXT-X

Lol thanks for the update Kevin. Poor guy... I'm actually suprised he even made it back last time.