Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where do I buy a brand new Seadoo gti se

I want to buy a brand new 2008 seadoo gti se. I have searched the internet for days and I cannot find anywhere that will give me a half decent deal. I really resent paying $4 or $5 thousand dollars more in Canada than I could buy one in the US. I don't have time to go to the US and deal with all the paperwork and hassle that goes with it.

I am near Calgary. Can anyone please help...

there is no hassle and paperwork associated with bringing a boat over. as long as you have a bill of sale, and a title signed over to you 1/2 an hr at the border and the payment of taxes and you will be over and done with.

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

Also ask the dealer in the US about exporting, they usually wont charge you tax down there if u are exporting.
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

I had a chat to a Seadoo rep at the boat show about this topic - buying in the US and importing. He smiled and says he gets the question all the time. He said there is nothing stopping you from doing this and you'll save a few thousand (depending on the model) but in the end Bombardier will not honor the warranty up here.
    He also said they have a few more incentives for buyers here. Specifically an extra year of warranty for free as factory cash and/or financing incentives but didn't say how much.
    Just food for thought.

Smile Thanks all

Thanks for the replies and advice. It's the Calgary boat show this week so I'll try and find out why I should buy in Canada and not the US. It will depend I guess on what the extra 'incentives are'. So I guess it's saving a few thousand but no warranty (often not worth the paper they are printed on anyway) against convenience and a few questionable incentives.

I'll let you know what happens at the show, maybe I'll get a show special price!!!
    Last edited by petesfiles; 02-13-2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

Hey no problem. My advice to you when going to the boat show...swear to yourself that you'll only look at the GTI. Get some horse blinders if you have to. I made the mistake of touching and feeling the new RXT-X. If my girlfriend wasn't there to physically restrain me I would have probably traded in last years GTI SE for it - even though I can't afford to. It is one VERY sexy machine.

Smile GTI SE 155 Red

Thanks Kev.

The boat show was fantastic. I had to restrain myself from not buying an 18' boat.

They had all the seadoos on display and I decided to go for the GTI SE 155 hp in red. I know I could have saved money by going to the US to buy. But I thought 'what the hell'.

You were right some of the other machines looked incredible. The seadoo is for all the family to use so a musclecraft was not really an option. I did okay though as I got a show special price, a 3 year warranty and an upgraded trailer as well as the safety kit and everything else I need to get going. Maybe in a year or two I may want something different but this is a great set up for now. I also got some toys at a great price. A set of water skis and a tube plus a couple of tow ropes.

Roll on the summer!!!

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

Congrats on the new GTI SE!! You and the fam will have a blast with it.

Hi

Do you mind letting me know which dealer you bought your new Seadoo GTI SE (2008 model?) from - were they based in Calgary? We're looking to buy a recreational Seadoo and have more or less decided on the GTI. Also, would you mind letting me know the special show price you were offered - we would like to go to the dealer armed with as much buying power as poss! Any other info would be good. Thanks.

Mary

PWC
    Kawasaki Ultra 250x

Quote Originally Posted by Kev26 View Post
    I had a chat to a Seadoo rep at the boat show about this topic - buying in the US and importing. He smiled and says he gets the question all the time. He said there is nothing stopping you from doing this and you'll save a few thousand (depending on the model) but in the end Bombardier will not honor the warranty up here.
    He also said they have a few more incentives for buyers here. Specifically an extra year of warranty for free as factory cash and/or financing incentives but didn't say how much.
    Just food for thought.
    The price difference is usually on the order of $3000-$4000, and that's with "adjusted" pricing. A one year extended warranty doesn't even make a dent. I'm wrestling with the idea right now myself since I just can't justify spending $3000 more just to support a Canadian retailer.