Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default places to ride in ONTARIO

ive been looking for a place around lake ontario that a couple of friends and i could launch and ride to the camp. i have been looking for a long time on the net, and only came up with provincial parks, that dont have places to park overnight. i was wondering if maybe you guys may have any ideas,
    thanks alot
    luciano

Default Byng Island

You can camp and launch at Byng Island conservation area in the Dunnville area. It it not on lake Ontario but on lake Erie. It is about a 90 min drive from Toronto. Check it out on The Grand River Conservation Authority web site.

Baston

thanks for the info, i will definately check that out

I also hear that there are about 5 'great' lakes in that area - LOL
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition

I have a trailer at Knights Beach Resort which is about 15mins from dunville. You can camp there with tents or trailers or even pass the day. We have a boating dock and everything

Maybe if you want to come down one weekend let me know, I'll have my yamaha there and maybe we could take a ride. Let me know just fire a pm

PWC
    98 Yamaha SuperJet

Me and a group of friends all with stand-up ride around the Honey Harbour area, there are several places in Honey Harbour to launch, costing very little. And there are lots of waterways and islands to explore.

Georgina Bay south of Perry Sound, Mactier exit off 400, amazing riding in between the islands or go out into the open channel and get some waves, lanch at the Massasauga park or at the Marina the end of the Rd.

Two of the best spot in Ontario are Moon river falls, and Henry's Fish and chips. You can then ride north to Perry sound there is another restrant off the channel on the way up. Lots of spots and great sites.

I'll try and post some pics I love it there.

PWC
    1997 Tigershark Daytona 1000

I haven't tried it yet... but i was thinking of trying to launch at the boat launch in Bowmanville... give me a few weeks, I will make it happen haha

in no particular order:

1) holland river south of cooks bay, lk simcoe - nice fast river running, not to many speed zones, and you always have the lake to mess around in and wake jump.

2)lake scugog up the river to lindsay - nice fast river running, not to many speed zones, and a very calm lake to mess around in.

3) sparrow lake up the trent to honey harbour - some nice fast river/lake running, not to many speed zones. slow at the locks

4)rice lake to peterborough - same as above

5) rice lake the other way to healey falls - same as above

6) running the trent through all the bigger kawarthas

I hear the French and Pickeril rivers are a good ride, i would like to try them this year. As well I would like to try the niagra river/ welland river this year also. and after 5 of jet skiing years i would like to try lake ontario

Guys:
    i'm out everyweekend for day trips, if you have a good place to ride, or want to try a new area and want someone to ride with send me a PM

PWC
    Polaris SLX 780

Great info here folks. I want to hit some good areas like this in 2011.