PWC
    08' RXT-X

Default 2007 Sea Doo Wake Advice.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and am looking at a 2007 Wake 155. I could get a smoking deal on it 11k with trailer brand new.... No Tax. I was originally thinking about the 215 rxp or Kawi, but this is just seems too good to pass up.
    Can you please offer advice on Towing ability, speed, overall performance? I have heard they are very good towing machines but wanted see what you all thought. I am a bigger guy at 240 and don't want to get something underpowered. Thoughts would be appreciated!

PWC
    08' RXT-X

Anyone? If anyone has a newer sea doo with the 155 of a diff model that would help too whether it be a GTI, RXP, GTX etc.

that will be more than enough power to tow you. overall performance is pretty good. not as fast as the 215 versions, but you don't have to worry about blowing the supercharger washers out and ruining your engine. will probably run 57-58 mph top end. these skiis are very good in the chop.

not sure where you live, but you can probably get a better deal importing through the usa. (although 11K for a 2007 seems reasonable).

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

I've got a 2007 GTI SE with the 155hp engine. It tows like crazy. No problem with myself and a spotter towing and we're all big people.
    I don't think you'll have any problems towing yourself.

PWC
    08' RXT-X

THanks for the input. Just curious kev26, how fast can you get your GTI up to? If anyone else has any input that would be excellent also.

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

I remember ripping along last summer seeing what I could get it up to- ahh good times. On glassy water by myself I pushed it up to just under 60mph which is about 95kmh.

PWC
    08' RXT-X

Cool, 60 is pretty good. Thanks Kev. Looks like I am going with the Wake, though I have been tempted by the 08 Ultra 250. The Wake is just a bit more well suited to towing. The other deterring factor on the Ultra is my friends potentially killing themselves on it.
    Last edited by Mike; 03-02-2008 at 03:29 PM.