Thread: Island Newbie

Default Island Newbie

Hey there,

Just getting my first ski this coming weekend! I had a boat (Bayliner Capri bowrider) the last nine years up at Lake Cowichan, but have always wanted a PWC.

I had a deposit down on a Yamaha FX Cruiser SHO, but changed it to a FX Cruiser HO instead. Too much uncertainty regarding the SHO and when they would begin producing them again, plus I decided I didn't need 210 hp with limited range, due to excessive gas use. The gadgets - like 'cruise control' were of interest too, but I found out it's quite fiddly and doesn't work like a cars. Everything I've heard indicates the HO is a good, solid, proven ski that will give me years of reliable and comfortable use.

I'm very much interested in hooking up with some fellow Lower Vancouver Island riders, and once in a while, I could come over to the Mainland and join in on a planned ride.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some posts from ya'll!

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

Welcome!

If you're ever on this side of the water, give us a post and we can ride!

TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition

PWC
    seadoo gti se

Hey geezer welcome this is a great site for hookin up for rides and it would be realy cool to meet ya half way between the island and the mainland maybe zip around there a bit.
    Im from chemainus and my parents still live in saltair so i am familiar with some of the coast line there so keep posting back.

Wink

Hi Geezer, welcome to the Canadian version!
    This is the place to meet new friends/riders in the area and make some trip plans.
    There are a few of us who got together last year and with hopes we can grow the pack this year.
    Jmaxy and I took a ride to Victoria summer last and it was a really nice ride. Would do it again.

All the best!
    Peter