Default STARTING PROBLEMS

I have a 2000 sea doo RX that is giving me real problems getting started.Last year the machine would shut down for no aparent reason.Had to change the lanyard post.New season I tried to start her up she wont start.I know my battery is shot but the charger I have can start a semi with no battery.I found that if I apply pressure to the key on post or wiggle she will at least turn over or start up for 2 seconds and die.I'm about to pull my hair out!If any one has any wisdom to share I would be grateful.

remove the spark plugs and check to see if they are clean, and crank it while they are off, if you see dirt and other junk come out that may be your problem, thats what happened to my jet ski in october, i had the same problem, just mine ran for 5 seconds :P

I would replace the lanyard itself, sometimes the metal in the cap will have problems making, and or maintaining a conection with the post. They can get loose over time. The fact that if you wiggle it it will start tends to lean me in that direction.
    -Keith