PWC
    1997 SeaDoo XP & 1999 Seadoo XPL

Default Need info on launch ramp to test XP

Hi Folks,

I installed a new SBT engine in the XP. Tried it out in the States at a local lake, and it was bogging big time and wet plugs. I went through the carbs again, RV timing etc. and I would like to test (leave XP on the trailer) the XP on a launch ramp. The XP idles fine out of the water but I need it under a load to determine if all is now OK. I am in New Westminster, and have read about the Patullo bridge launch ramp. This test could last all of 5 min. depending how the machine runs, so I would prefer not to pay a launch fee if possible. Does anybody know the name of the Pub/contact info? Does anybody have a multi million dollar house in Vancouver on the water with a boat launch that I could use?

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

Its the Brownsville Pub & RV Park in Surrey. The launch is pretty bad - steep and if it's low tide don't even try it without a 4x4.
    http://www.sharphooks.com/search.asp...o&hotelid=2660

If I were you I'd take it to the Ladner launch. It's a bit farther for you but it's free and a really nice launch. It can get busy on those nice sunny days (damn it I hope they come soon) so maybe try it on a cool day so you can take your time and avoid causing others grief.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...mid=1210263264

EDIT- you gave me an excuse to not do my work and make some maps. Both locations are in this thread now with more to come.
    http://www.canadianpwc.com/showthread.php?t=1289
    Last edited by Kev26; 05-08-2008 at 09:08 AM.

Wellington Point Park is on the large side and likely pretty dead during the week and with lousy weather.

Its between Ladner and the Delta Spit / Roberts banks. Oh, its free too.
    Last edited by vwDavid; 05-09-2008 at 06:54 PM.

PWC
    1997 SeaDoo XP & 1999 Seadoo XPL

Thanks Guys....David your site is AWESOME. I will provide info when I hit one of the ramps you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
    Hi Folks,

I installed a new SBT engine in the XP.
    Come back with some feedback here on that new motor. I'm curious if they are as good as I have heard.
    Also, do a compression test and post it. I'd like to know what it is when new like you have.