Thread: o8 yamaha fx ho

PWC
    02 fx 140

Default o8 yamaha fx ho

hello everyone looking for input on the fx ho going to buy one on friday looking to tube ski and just screw around on the lake heard good things about it. any input would be great about handling power anyone here own one

Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    hello everyone looking for input on the fx ho going to buy one on friday looking to tube ski and just screw around on the lake heard good things about it. any input would be great about handling power anyone here own one
    Hey Angelo,
    Welcome to the Canadian PWC Forum. I'm new to Jet Skiing, but have been a boater (Bayliner Capri Bowrider) the last 9 years. I did a lot of research, trying to decide between SeaDoo and Yamaha. I eventually put down a deposit on a new Yamaha SHO Cruiser.

Production problems, concerns about an unproven platform, and good old cold feet(!) led me to switch my deposit to an FX Cruiser HO. I've had it now for a couple of months and can tell you that so far, it's everything it's cracked up to be. 160 horse power on a very dry, excellent handling ski. I've not tested the new NanoExcel hull on the chop yet, but everything I've read says it cuts through it well.

The finish is excellent and the Cruiser seats, combined with tilt steering and raised foot chocks makes for a very comfortable ride. For such a large ski, she turns on a dime. Very easy to control and very responsive. Personally, I prefer the finger throttle as opposed to thumb (SeaDoo).

IMO - you can't go wrong with an HO. Good luck and maybe we can hook up over there or over here!