Arrow Things to look out for

Hey, I have never owned a pwc but i want to buy an older like late 80's early 90s stand up jet ski, and want to know if their is anything i should look out for. I wouldnt mind having to do a little work but i want to know if their is anything that, if needs to be replaced will cost more than the ski. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -Brad View Post
    Hey, I have never owned a pwc but i want to buy an older like late 80's early 90s stand up jet ski, and want to know if their is anything i should look out for. I wouldnt mind having to do a little work but i want to know if their is anything that, if needs to be replaced will cost more than the ski. Thanks
    Read your post and think Jetlag may be the best to answer as he's into stand up models.

Hey Brad,

If you're just starting out, the Kawasaki 650SX is really stable and built like a tank. That's the ski I started on. It doesn't handle all that well in the turns, but adding a Jet Dynamics concave ride plate made all the difference (probably a pic of one at the link in my signature). I'd saty in the early 90's range myself (mine was 92).

Then I bumped up to a 2000 Yamaha SuperJet. It's a great ski and not really any harder to ride than the Kawasaki.....and LOTS more parts available. The hull has been the same since 1996 to present day models. I can't recall when the engine switched from single to dual carbs....might have been 96.

Anyways.....and questions....just ask.

....and Chester on this forum knows his stuff...standup or sitdown.

Cheers

The skis: http://184.69.7.106/clients/bryan/jetski/
    No I'm not one of the fat bastards on the picnic table ;-)

ya thanks ive been looking at 1990's and 91 kawasaki 650sx's. Is the 1000-1400 price range sound right

ya thanks ive been looking at 1990's and 91 kawasaki 650sx's. Is the 1000-1400 price range sound right
    Good stuff!

....and yep...good price as long as they aren't rotting away ;-)

I sold mine 2 years ago (and it was in great shape and had a decent amount of aftermarket parts) for $1850

Have fun!!

Cheers

The skis: http://184.69.7.106/clients/bryan/jetski/
    No I'm not one of the fat bastards on the picnic table ;-)

check out my add, may be just what your looking for