Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wishihadasuperjet View Post
    my brother lives in pentiction and said there was a race there not to long ago but i'm not sure if there was any freestyle, but then that is probably a far drive for you guys
    Yep....that traveling race circuit (some freestyle I think) only gets as far as Penticton each year. I was talking with Mike who co-ordinates all that (trying to find riders for the BC 150 event). He wants to push the event further to the west coast....so we all need to get involved and make it happen!!

BTW....does your brother ride? Just asking because I know in Penticton there is a freestyle guy (bottom of hull is a Canadian flag) that goes to the World's....apparently he's quite good.

Cheers

The skis: http://184.69.7.106/clients/bryan/jetski/
    No I'm not one of the fat bastards on the picnic table ;-)

PWC
    1995 Kawasaki 750 sxi

i just got my first jet ski a couple weeks ago...i cant do tricks but id love to film some ppl tricking and learn off u pros haha
    lemme know if ya need it

Quote Originally Posted by Bordy77 View Post
    i just got my first jet ski a couple weeks ago...i cant do tricks but id love to film some ppl tricking and learn off u pros haha
    lemme know if ya need it
    You should check out YouTube....LOADS of tricks on there.

Search for MAD RICK or Ant Burgess. Rick make great little instructional videos....and Ant was the world amateur champ last year....and placed well in the pros too....not bad for 16 or 17 ;-)

.....and I'd love someone to video me....I still have no idea if I'm really doing what I think I am

cheers

The skis: http://184.69.7.106/clients/bryan/jetski/
    No I'm not one of the fat bastards on the picnic table ;-)

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

Get a hold of SideFX - he was organizing a way to get a course together - maybe a race or a yearly meet would be great!
    Last edited by TheBaldEagle; 08-13-2008 at 11:17 AM.
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition

PWC
    771 x2, 94 barracuda mod/freestyle, 1995 barracuda, 1987 550, 1997 daytona 770, 1995 900 monticarlo

back in 1995 there was a Canadian grand national race/freestyle in Penticton

PWC
    sxr 800

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaldEagle View Post
    Ontario probably has more due to the, usually, great hot summer weather they get... that would be my guess.

BC would have more outdoorsy type people, but i think that most of them would be hikers, walkers and so on that don't like to see 'gas powered machines destroy nature' or something.

LOL - my 2 cents, but yeah, it would be awesome to have more events out here!

to find a standup in BC is nearly impossible, if you want something post 1990 then you have to import from the US. but when you can't try or rent a standup, there are only a few fools including myself that will dish out 7000$ to try before they buy

but there is a demand since most people i meet at the lakes had no idea they still made standups or assume they run 250cc engines! i highly doubt freestyle will catch on in bc which is a shame cause i rode from may to november with a $50 costco wetsuit for may and nov but everything in between was bare ass

08 sxr 800. best money i ever spent. my seadoo now vacates a spot on my trailer, haven't riden it in 6 months

PWC
    Stand up and Blaster 1

Howdy, I just found this web site. Sorry for taking so long.
    I am the guy with the Canadian flag on the bottom of my ski. I used to practice in Penticton every weekend. As far as being pretty good.... well I did compete in Pro freestyle in Lake Havasu world finals for a few years.
    As Far as getting guys together to ride, it seems harder every day. It sounds like there will be an event on August long weekend in Kelowna included with the gravity games. If anyone wants to come out early or stay late I would deffinatly be in for some ridding.

PWC
    hydrospace, rxp, 15f,superjet, x-2

ya, I remember you ....whiley coyote ski ! Havasu is a differnet world. I saw you at race in Lake Cowichan on the Island too...a couple freestylers showed up....remeber that ski boat sunk.

PWC
    Stand up and Blaster 1

That boat sinking was something to see.
    that was a good event too bad it never happened again.
    BTW I didnt race, I only do freestyle. Racing is too hard. That is how I kind of got started, went around a bouy and ended up doing a log roll, walla freestyle.

PWC
    2008 SXR 800

As far as i know th WCWA has a race with some freestyle events in it every year in Penticton. There is 4 stops on the tour which are ussually at Alix,AB Lac La Biche,AB Penticton,BC And Regina Beach, Sk