PWC
    sea doo gts jetski

Default Sea doo repair tips

Hi all, I have a 1996 sea doo jetski. The sea doo starts well but lucks acceleration speed. Whenever I try to speed up nothing happens and I start to smell gasoline as if it is flooding. What can I do to get it going without paying a lot of money to take it to a repair shop. I am thinking it must be something to do with fuel or combustion. Perhaps it needs a air or fuel filter. The thing is that I have never done this before. I do not know where the air or fuel filters are. I changed spark plugs but nothing changed. I did overfill it with oil a little-- could this be the problem?? If anyone knows the answer, I would greatly appreciate some tips.

Take care.

need more information. what model of seadoo (xp, gsx, gtx, etc.)? what do you mean by filled it with too much oil? a stock ski has an oil injection tank so it doesn't matter how much oil you put in, just make sure it doesn't run out of oil.

you more than likely need to rebuild the carbs. if it is leaking gas, the needle/seat in the carburators may be sticking allowing your ski to flood. while you are at it, change the fuel lines. the grey fuel lines break down over time and will cause you to sieze your engine if the filters get clogged.

your best bet is to get a shop manual for your ski and learn to fix stuff yourself if you don't want to take it to a dealership.

manuals are available here for free.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62613

there are also lots of 2 stroke guys there to help you with any questions you might have.

PWC
    2000 Seadoo GTs

We're going through that with our 2000 GTS. We found the filter in the line was orange gummy like in the on-line pictures. My husbsnd was scared to go after the filter in the carb, so we paid $120.00 to get the carb filter done and the carbs cleaned. We also changed out all the lines. 30 ft of line and 30 connectors - lots of work, then you need to compression test the lines.