Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by katrina View Post
    Thank you to all who have taken interest in participation for this event! I am looking into secure storage by the New Westminster Quay. It is now a bit clearer that we would want a demo Saturday Sept. 27th and/or Sunday September 28th. Obviously, one jet ski only isn't much of a show, so if there was a group that could get together and create a segment, that would be best for the event and the promotion of the sport! That way the crowds could see how "cool" jet skiing is. Please co-ordinate with Cold Fusion if interested, he seems to be the ring leader here. If anyone would like an event overview please e-mail me at kkuntz@2010legaciesnow.com
    Ring leader....hehe

I'm just a totally addicted rider that wants more folks to catch the bug ;-)

Katrina....would asking riders outside of BC or Canada be pushing it for a BC150 event?? ;-)

Cheers

The skis: http://184.69.7.106/clients/bryan/jetski/
    No I'm not one of the fat bastards on the picnic table ;-)

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

Ok, if it's the Saturday and Sunday I'd be in for it. Coldfusion, do we have to change your name to 'Ringleader' now?

A couple initial thoughts:

There's a good chance it could be cold on the water late September. We should arrange for people that want to participate to either have full wetsuites or maybe a dive shop will help out with free/discounted rentals?

If it's an actual choreographed routine people need to commit to at least a few practice sessions before hand no?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev26 View Post
    Ok, if it's the Saturday and Sunday I'd be in for it. Coldfusion, do we have to change your name to 'Ringleader' now?

A couple initial thoughts:

There's a good chance it could be cold on the water late September. We should arrange for people that want to participate to either have full wetsuites or maybe a dive shop will help out with free/discounted rentals?

If it's an actual choreographed routine people need to commit to at least a few practice sessions before hand no?
    Got my Bare bag style drysuit....just sorting out some footwear.

I also have a 5/4/3mm full wetsuit I used to use for winter....kept me nice and toasty (at least after 5-10 minute warm up).

Yep....some practice would be a good idea. It's all going to depend on who comes. If we can get a truly good freestyler, they could be the main event....then add some simpler tricks in unison (thinking tail stands...fountains...bull dogs).

FYI...I own my company...I can take whatever time off I need (within reason of course). ;-)

FYI...I'll be chatting with a few guys that go to the World's in Havasu every year...hope they can come.

If Chester sees this thread, he can help spread the word...he knows LOTS of folks.

Cheers

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

I dont know about the rules and regulations, but if a boat was used to create wake, that might help with the tricks.
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaldEagle View Post
    I dont know about the rules and regulations, but if a boat was used to create wake, that might help with the tricks.
    You read my mind ;-)

Another way to do that would be acouple of big sit downs (can even do it with stand-ups). They just ride really slow about 10 feet apart and the ski doing the trick heads straight at them....goes between and then jumps off the standing wave created by the 2 ski wakes colliding.

Never done it...but I've seen it on YouTube (and I stayed at a Best Western last night....hehe).

Now off to see if I can fix my ski....grrrrr

Cheers

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

Now that's something my big sit down could do.

PWC
    Yamaha Superjet, PJS VHP Viper 7000, Kawasaki X2

Sounds like it should be a fun event. I'm in.

Hey All,

Here's what I just heard from Katrina.....looks like we're cancelled:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am writing to inform you that we have decided not to pursue the idea of a jet-ski demo at our River Celebration event in New Westminster. There have been several major changes to the event over the past few weeks while I was on vacation, as BC 150 has cancelled the Rivermania project due to a lack of ticket sales (with very short notice). There have been several factors involved in the decision not to pursue the jet-ski demo, including the change in event scope, a lack of jet skier interest to date, as well as budget considerations. I thank you for your interest in participation and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The cancellation of Rivermania has been a challenge for all parties involved and we appreciate your understanding. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Thank you again,

Katrina Kuntz

2010 Legacies Now
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and here's my reply:
    Well that is a shame, but it's probably for the best.

I was going to be reporting shortly that all the truly qualified riders
    will be heading down south to Lake Havasu in advance of the World Finals
    the first week of October (they go and settle in and practice for a week
    or so). So getting the good guys wasn't going to happen.

Now I'm not awful....nor are some of the riders I know, but my jet ski
    has been misbehaving all summer and is currently an empty hull....so
    needless to say I haven't got much practice in over the past 6 weeks or
    so.

Oh well...less planning for both of us I guess ;-)

Cheers

So this sucks, but hey....it is what it is. Like I said....my engine is sitting on my shop counter with no intake or carbs and half way done flywheel change.

Cheers

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

That's a bummer. Thanks for letting us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev26 View Post
    That's a bummer. Thanks for letting us know.
    No problem.....guess the stress is off me now to get my ski fixed...well except it's killing me being off the water ;-)