PWC
    lots of superjets, a 800sxr,some wave blasters, a waveblaster 2, a 650 sx, some 550s

Default Jetsking on Vancouver Island

I was wondering about where some of the best spots to ride on Vancouver Island. I've done some riding on the North part of Vancouver Island. What's the scene like around Nanaimo and Campbell River?

PWC
    hydrospace, rxp, 15f,superjet, x-2

Default island spots

nanaimo is kinda weak now. not like back in the day. You got brannen lake and long lake. further north horne lake, outside qualicum. then mcgyver lake is closer to campbell river. Cowichan lake outside duncan is the prime spot.

what type of riding are you lookin for? Could always go jump waves in tofino - long beach

PWC
    2002 RN Freestyle SJ

Default C.R.

Yes Mcivor lake is getting a resurgence in Standups, we had 5 there this Saturday, and i know of some more local riders! Look me up if you are heading this way, Rain or shine for me.

PWC
    2002 RN Freestyle SJ

Default Long Beach, Tofino

Quote Originally Posted by hydra View Post
    nanaimo is kinda weak now. not like back in the day. You got brannen lake and long lake. further north horne lake, outside qualicum. then mcgyver lake is closer to campbell river. Cowichan lake outside duncan is the prime spot.

what type of riding are you lookin for? Could always go jump waves in tofino - long beach
    Lomg beach or tofino is completely off limits to Jetskis or seadoo's. You may get a while before you are caught, I heard 1 warning then charged! I have a buddy that has been through all this.

PWC
    1997 SeaDoo XP & 1999 Seadoo XPL

Quote Originally Posted by Bajavw View Post
    Lomg beach or tofino is completely off limits to Jetskis or seadoo's. You may get a while before you are caught, I heard 1 warning then charged! I have a buddy that has been through all this.
    Hello Bajavw,

I was in Tofino a month ago. Had a nice chat with the Tofino Harbour Master Vince Payette . He mentioned nothing about local laws regarding PWC's. If you could elaborate on whom your buddy was warned by and what charges he would face, I would be most appreciative.

In the mean time, I will contact the Ahousaht RCMP detachment to source out possible laws regarding PWC's.

PWC
    1997 SeaDoo XP & 1999 Seadoo XPL

I contacted Bob Long, City Administrator of Tofino. Here is his response:

"The launching of motorized boats/vehicles from any
    public beach is prohibited under Tofino's Public Property Use Bylaw."

This is interesting, as I saw 4 or 5 14' sailboats (with 10Hp motors) anchored off of Mackenzie beach for several days. It was some kind of sailing class, as the people would go out in a small tender, and sail/motor for the day, then anchor the boats for the night. It appears as though PWC's have not been segregated as such, but one would have to anchor off shore then take off from there. In regards to jumping waves at Long Beach, Esowista 3 First Nations reserve is at the west side of Long beach. I am unsure if Esowista 3 has any beach rights, but if they do it may be worth looking into about beaching on their reserve.

PWC
    1990 550sx and 2006 800sxr

I was at McIver Lake in Campbell River at the end of the summer 08 . I met a guy with an FX-1 who could really whip that thing around and knew a lot about jet skis. I can't remember his name, but he was a good guy to ride with.

PWC
    2002 RN Freestyle SJ

Default Mike

That was Mike for sure, on his wifes Fx1. He can ride pretty good and knows alot about the sport. He has a superjet. I have heard that the Indian band will let you launch from their reserve. I have never been there and do not know what the beaches are like there but would be very interested to find out.

PWC
    1990 550sx and 2006 800sxr

Most of the beaches areound Campbell River were rocky or muddy. But over on Quadra Island I found a little peice of Paradise called Rebecca spit. It wasn't riding season, but I bet it would be really nice in the summer. Is that Mike guy on this site? I would like to ask him to keep an eye open for my next ride!

Default Tofino Sea-doo

Last summer I contacted the Town of Tofino, RCMP and harbour patrol about launching my Seadoo there and all said no problem. My wife and I launched and parked it overnight at the marina and went part way around Meare’s Island. Great weekend.