PWC
    98 Yamaha SuperJet

Default Airflow hood modifications

Can anyone help me with a quick fix for improving airflow and reducing water intake into the superjets stock hood? I have taped up the front holes but this saps power from the engine with reduction in airflow.

Any ideas????

PWC
    97 superjet

i don't think there is anything for a quick fix
    the only thing i could recommend is that blowsion sell a carbon fiber hood baffle for 295 check it out on there website

PWC
    hydrospace, rxp, 15f,superjet, x-2

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza_ca View Post
    Can anyone help me with a quick fix for improving airflow and reducing water intake into the superjets stock hood? I have taped up the front holes but this saps power from the engine with reduction in airflow.

Any ideas????

first off ...take off the tape.........then install a bilge pump........if you still want more air , do what the other guy said and by a blowsion hood.

PWC
    701 SN SJ

taping off the front holes should not choke your motor enough to cause it to suffer in the performance department unless you are running a big cc motor...are you actually experiencing a loss in performance or do you just think you need the added air flow? I've had my front intakes blocked off on all my skis and have never had a problem...but if you want to restrict water flow and maximize air intake you can always tape over or better yet glass over your front intakes and open up the rear ones. OR you can always gut your hood liner and glass in a new one.
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ

PWC
    1991 Yamaha Superjet

I've done a slutty hood mod on a Square Nose hood, turned out great and added some hand holds. Thars what I would recomend

Keep the tape or silicone press in plugs. with the front holes closed you can still do WOT runs without performance loss on a 701 set of jugs.

Internet Meter Maid
    PWC
    the superjet

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxie View Post
    I've done a slutty hood mod on a Square Nose hood, turned out great and added some hand holds. Thars what I would recomend
    this is the way to go imo.. i have blocked the hole too and noticed a huge decrease in power aswell.. block the holes in the front and make bigger ones in the back

PWC
    '97-1100stx

Just remember those holes are also to vent out gas fumes. Air flows in the front and out the back even when its not running.

PWC
    98 Yamaha SuperJet

thanks for all the tec help guys..