Default Water in hull when running????????????

Hi there,

I have a problem right now with my 1995 sea-doo xp meaning when I right water get into the hull. I had it out last year and never did this. I check to make sure the drain plug is closed co I donít know where else it could come from. When I ride it seems to come in the most and if I have it tide up and idling water starts to slowly fill. Is there a seal or seals I can check under than need to be replaced.

Thank you and hopefully you can help because my sea-doo sits in the water @ a marina all year.

Check your hoses and driveshft seals

is there a seal at the bottom on the boat where the drive shaft goes into the boat or is the seal inside

PWC
    '98 Challenger 1800 Wake

Best thing to do is leave it tied to the trailer and back it into the water. This way you can check to see where the water is coming in from.

By the sounds of it it might be the bearing and seals where the driveshaft goea through the hull (under that grey plastic cover). If that's shot or going, it'll cause a leak when sitting and a bigger leak when running.

Default 98 GS SEADOO WATER INGRESSION -BRP IS HANDS OFF

Hello,
    I saw your post and thought I would let you know my experience. I have a 98 seadoo gs, use it only twice a year in Lake Superior. On 7 July, in only 10 minutes fm engine start, my seadoo sank. No explanation and hull is good. Have since brought seadoo to dealer, and contacted brp. Due to being past warranty, brp is hands off. Watch out all my fellow seadooing friends. BRP offers no customer service post warranty. I will now start legal proceedings against brp for safety risks on this unit. I will take this all the way to the top. Thank god it wasnt a child or wife of mine. If I had know that BRP was so poor for backing their product, I would of purchased a Japanese model... Buyers beware for SEADOO products.
    Ian

PWC
    '98 Challenger 1800 Wake

The problem was more likely your dealer, as they have some room and could have warrantied it if they chose.

I've worked on all brands and Kawis or Yamaha's are no better.

Most likely the problem with your seadoo is in the pump area. Look in the nozzle and you should see 2 white fittings near the top of the venturi nozzle. Chances are you'll see only one. If thats the case, the quicker you go - the quicker your hull will fill with water.

Gabe
    www.JetR.ca

PWC
    spx limited, rxtx, rxt

did you ever check to see if any of the frost plugs in the pipe rotted out and now leak it is a very very common thing.

PWC
    1997 seadoo sportster

Not sure if this thread is old but sounds to be its a carbon ring. I had that problem with my 97 sportster and once I change the carbon seal and the 2 O rings on the silver ring that's against the carbon seal everything was good to go. No more water in my hull

There is also another issue to check for. This happened in my 96 GSX just a few weeks ago. Basically the sealant behind the plastic pump support (pump and nozzle attachť to it) can start to shrink can cause a leak. How I found the issue was I filled the hull with water (not all the way of course) and waited to see where the water came out.

To fix it you remove the pump, the pump support bracket and re-seal the pump support with RTV or silicone, use a lot! Since then no leaks.

Many of the problems others brought up could also be the issue including the frost plugs breaking in the exhaust pipe. They tend to rot out.

Hope this helps!