Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PWC
    1997 Yamaha Superjet

Default Looking for a stand up

Hello all.

Im new to this site, and im definetly new to stand up skis. I pick up my new to me sit down HX this weekend. I would also like to get into the stand up scene. I dont have a lot of cash but i am hoping to find a good running stand up ski. Im not really partial to anything as long as it will move my fat ass around (220lbs.) Im hoping to find a ski that runs well. It doesnt necessarily need to look nice lol. Just somthing to ge me out there and learn te ropes.

Looking to spend $600 or $700

thanks,

Colin

PWC
    1999 sxi 750 pro

hey, I'm also new round here. i have a js 550 thats has some goodies on it for sale. a grand takes her. i'm over in whitby.
    peace,
    AD

Quote Originally Posted by heebs12 View Post
    Hello all.

Im new to this site, and im definetly new to stand up skis. I pick up my new to me sit down HX this weekend. I would also like to get into the stand up scene. I dont have a lot of cash but i am hoping to find a good running stand up ski. Im not really partial to anything as long as it will move my fat ass around (220lbs.) Im hoping to find a ski that runs well. It doesnt necessarily need to look nice lol. Just somthing to ge me out there and learn te ropes.

Looking to spend $600 or $700

thanks,

Colin
    Hey Colin,

OK....stay away from JS 440s or 550s (unless heavily modified....like a 650 or 750 motor)....or yer not going to have any fun!!

So keep an eye out for:

Yamaha Superjet (squarenose is pre 96 and start at 650cc....roundnose is 96 and up and are all 701cc)

Kawasaki 650SX or the various 750cc models

The problem will be the $600-$700 price tag....but then again...the economy sucks in the US and toys get sold first ;-)

Cheers

The skis: http://184.69.7.106/clients/bryan/jetski/
    No I'm not one of the fat bastards on the picnic table ;-)

PWC
    1997 Yamaha Superjet

thanks cold fusion, ill have to see what i can find!! Would love a superjet i have only heard the best about them. They arn't cheap though!!

Quote Originally Posted by heebs12 View Post
    thanks cold fusion, ill have to see what i can find!! Would love a superjet i have only heard the best about them. They arn't cheap though!!
    No problem at all ;-)

Just remember that 1996-2007 SuperJets are essentially identical (paint jobs are different...but that sure as hell doesn't effect performance...hehe). So you can get an older one and it'll be fine.

Cheers

PWC
    98 Superjet

Good luck finding a 96+ superjet for $600-$700... You'd be lucky to find one in Candad for $3500. Last all stock one I found was a 99 and was being sold for $4k. I just sold my 440 converted to a 550 and that thing didn't have a problem ripping around even though i'm 190lbs. It couldn't hit a high top speed, but was still alot of fun to ride. They're better for throwing around than any of the skis with larger engines. However, if you're looking to jump and do tricks, you won't have the power to really launch out of the water. They can still be submarined, and flatwater tricks are easy and alot of fun... I miss my 550 already...

Quote Originally Posted by aboarder View Post
    Good luck finding a 96+ superjet for $600-$700... You'd be lucky to find one in Candad for $3500. Last all stock one I found was a 99 and was being sold for $4k.
    Well I never said he'd get one for $600-$700.....just pointing out that the older ones are the SAME ski ;-)

That said...I got a 2000 with a tonne of performance parts from Washington state for $2800 US.....so they are out there for less than you paid.

I just sold my 440 converted to a 550 and that thing didn't have a problem ripping around even though i'm 190lbs. It couldn't hit a high top speed, but was still alot of fun to ride. They're better for throwing around than any of the skis with larger engines.
    I just want him to be aware that there are a lot of types of 550s....some are not even reed engines...and they are horribly under powered. As you said though.....some can move better than others.

I met a couple of guys last summer with JS550s from Arizona and they barely get on plane ;-)

The throwability is very nice....but I've found their ability to turn kinda lousy....sharp turns were almost impossible.

However, if you're looking to jump and do tricks, you won't have the power to really launch out of the water. They can still be submarined, and flatwater tricks are easy and alot of fun... I miss my 550 already...
    hehe....I bet you do. I'd love to try one with enough umph to make it fun!

Cheers

PWC
    1997 Yamaha Superjet

Default ski

I relize that i wont find a RN superjet for $700 lol, just saying i like them a lot. There is a gorgious 2000 superjet on kijiji in London for $4000 OBO. Lots of mods, just if anyones interested...... There is a js550 for sale in the classiified section. its a 1983. Check it out. Anyone think itll move me around (6'3",215 Lbs.). Im not looking for blazing speed, just some fun and flat water tricks. Please let me know!!!! If your a buddy of his please don't mislead me.

Colin

Superjet-
    http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...QAdIdZ78718645

js550-

http://www.canadianpwc.com/showthread.php?t=1564

Internet Meter Maid
    PWC
    the superjet

jetx has a couple nice SN superjet right now and there for a good dollar.. in a month or two things will go up in price and it'll be hard to get stuff.. id spend a bit more and get something that you wont outgrow in one season of have to mod the crap out of it especially if your just getting into it.. just my 0.02 but good luck you'll love it

PWC
    701 SN SJ

Yep...check out the forsale section...got a 650 SN with your name on it!
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ