Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWC
    looking for a first

Default First post. looking to buy my first ski

Hey guys im a soon to be nineteen year old male with a Krazy side. iv always wanted a ski ever since i saw a guy a few cabins down from me on Emma lake cruise around on his. I know little to nothing about skis so some info or links would be just fine and dandy. i only weight 150 ish lbs so i dont think il need to big of an engine. i want a decent entry level ski that i can start the sport with. I am an aprentice electrician and i get friday sat sun off so il be at the lake lots . id like to spend 1-1.5k (if possible) what is a good year range to look for and engine size etc?
    also im in sask so if anyone has a ski they wanna sell il drive pretty much anywere to get it, even close ab or mb locations.

Thanks in advance!

PWC
    701 SN SJ

Well I am partial to a superjet...so i would say get one of those, but it really depends on what type of riding you want to do. Some more info would help in suggesting what type of ski to look for.

If messing around is what you are looking to do I would say get a standup, or small sit down like a waveblaster, HX, XP/SPX...although anything decent for 1-1500 may be hard to find.
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ

PWC
    looking for a first

i want a stand up just to mess around on. im completely new to this all and i dont know what kind of help i can give as to what kind of riding i want to do seeing as i know nothing haha. there are lots of wake board boats on the lake and a few buddys got some so i quesse id like to hit the wake. they all got solid wakes, ballasts and taps. hit them a few times with my dads sit down.

PWC
    looking for a first

also im pretty mechanically inclined. not so much on two strokes but my dad used to race bikes and knows his way around two stokes pretty well. i got a big garage and tons of tools so i am hoping to be able to do repairs on my own with help from fellow users.

PWC
    701 SN SJ

If your looking for a standup than go with a Superjet...try and find one with a 701 and possibly some aftermarket goodies and don't look back.
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA

PWC
    looking for a first

what year would be good? are there any years better or worse then others. keep in mind i dont want to spend too much, so im guessing that may be a limiting factor on year. what are good mods to keep on eye out for?

Internet Meter Maid
    PWC
    the superjet

any superjet is the way to go for just messing around seems there the most reliable and tricked out for standups.. ive had my fun with kawi's but ive also wasted alot on my somewhat hard ernd $$ on them with little results.. the superjet seems to be the best to start with but you'll have to pay for them

PWC
    701 SN SJ

90-94 came with a 650cc and is considered a SN (Square Nose)
    95 came with a 701cc 61x/61x single carb motor (still a Sn)
    96-07 came with a dual carb 701cc 61x/62t and was updated to the Roundnose (RN)
    08 came with the dual carb 701 and a new hull design

Based on your budget though I would guess you would be able to find an early 90's Sn with the 650. Too bad you weren't closer to me over here in ontario, I got one that would be perfect for you.
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA

PWC
    701 SN SJ

SN and RN top decks are different hence the shape but there bottom decks are the same, they do handle a bit different but it is minimal and is really rider preference. Best mods to look out for would be a pipe, head, intake grate, rideplate, ss impeller, bilge pump, bars, etc...but based on your location I would take what you can find.
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA

PWC
    looking for a first

Quote Originally Posted by jetx View Post
    90-94 came with a 650cc and is considered a SN (Square Nose)
    95 came with a 701cc 61x/61x single carb motor (still a Sn)
    96-07 came with a dual carb 701cc 61x/62t and was updated to the Roundnose (RN)
    08 came with the dual carb 701 and a new hull design

Based on your budget though I would guess you would be able to find an early 90's Sn with the 650. Too bad you weren't closer to me over here in ontario, I got one that would be perfect for you.

are you talking about superjets for all those years? where about in ON do you live?
    ^got my own answer.
    Last edited by KrazyistKarl; 02-01-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: answered