PWC
    Sadly not anymore

Default New Seadoo - includes suspension and braking

You guys seen this yet? I was at the boat show yesterday and talked to the sales guy about it for like 30mins. Quite the evolution in personal watercraft.

Brand new models this year - GTX IS and RXT IS (IS stands for Intelligent Suspension)
    http://www.sea-doo.com/en-CA/watercr...ecraft/rxt-is/

It's got freaking suspension! The upper deck moves independently from the hull and has a totally suspension travel of 6". What's more is you can tune the suspension on the fly. Firmer for calm water to soft for rough water. Check the video out about it on that link above. Pretty cool.

But what's long overdue in my humble opinion is the new braking system. There is a new lever on the left handlebar for braking/reversing. You can be going full speed and yank in the brake to stop you much quicker - sales guy said about 100 feet shorter then a PWC without it. Very nice. While idleing this also serves as the reverse lever.

Other options that I thought were sweet:
    When you start the PWC now it starts in...NEUTRAL. What a freaking concept eh?
    New, move V shaped hull. Says it corners much quicker now and in combination with the suspension makes for a much different ride.
    Tilt steering/handlebars. You can stand up while driving if needed and tilt the handlebars up. The gauge cluster adjusts when you do this as well to follow.

One thing I really didn't like. The front storage compartment is about a quarter of the size as other models due to the suspension. They've added two more storage compartments at the back corners but you're still left with only I'd say half of what other models give you.

The sales guy said they'd be doing demos with the new skis in the coming months and I might just have to go out and play on one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2-7-2009 11-14-15 AM.jpg   2-7-2009 11-36-21 AM.jpg  

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

Just remember - $17,999 buys alot of machine!
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition

PWC
    1997 SeaDoo XP & 1999 Seadoo XPL

STARTS at $17,999...hmmmmmm.....is it a small boat ....a mini whale ....or second mortgage?

$17,999 buys allot of machine'S.

PWC
    Sadly not anymore

Ya, the the price is astronomical for sure. Wonder how many they are going to sell at that price in this economic climate?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev26 View Post
    Ya, the the price is astronomical for sure. Wonder how many they are going to sell at that price in this economic climate?
    They're not going to sell worth shit.

At that price, build a balls out RXP. A good used one for 7500 bucks, and then do the hell out of it for far less than 18 grand

To much catering to the comforts of the weekender home bodies.
    Next thing you know they will have internet ready on the fly e-mail, diaper changing station, auto pilot to take you back to where you came from in the event you get your sorry ass lost, and a coffee holder with optional foot message.

I still dig a good fear factor from a powder keg.

PWC
    08 RXT

I went to the boat shown too,saw the new IS and I agree its good but for $17,999......... I bought a new RXT instead and still have almost enough left for a RXP

Quote Originally Posted by rxtme View Post
    I went to the boat shown too,saw the new IS and I agree its good but for $17,999......... I bought a new RXT instead and still have almost enough left for a RXP
    nice! that's one way to do it!

LoL...LoL

Quote Originally Posted by rxtme View Post

Now if they can just make one under 1000lbs.... and get the gas mileage of the ones they made back in the mid 90s

On the Tech end that thing is cool, but that thing is a COW, complete reversal from the ski-doo xp, I think the guys at ski-doo should hook up with the guys at sea-doo.

Put the 1200cc 4tec in a lighter rxp version, and boost it. And bring back the Xpl with the 1200cc 4tec in it...