PWC
    looking for a first

Default NEED INFO ASAP, what do you think

i hope the title got your attention. I posted a kijiji wanted add locally and i got a reply for a 89 kawasaki 650. here is what he said about it... "rode it a few times then it kind of sputtered out but it does run if your pour gas into the carb" and in a later email he describes it like this... "The engine is basically stock both cylinders have 135 psi and theyre both the same . It has a aftermarket ride plate, scoop grate and finger throttle. The hull is fine theres no cracks or anything just a few scuffs which is to be expected casue after all itis twenty years old . With a little work to get it goin its a good starter ski I rode it three times last year then never really looked into it cause I got my new sxr . If you want more aftermarket parts I can sell some seperately , I have a pipe , waterbox , intake manifold , exhaust manifold a brandnew mikuni 44m carb with blowsion blockoff plate and blowsion flame arrestor . If you want this ski the price is $950 any other aftermarket parts are extra ( and all the parts blasted and painted and look new out of the box). " What do you guys think, would it be a good first ski for me. How hard do you think the sputtering problem would be to diagnose and fix. is the price decent. here are the pics he sent me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0169.jpg   100_0170.jpg   100_0171.jpg   100_0172.jpg   100_0173.jpg  

Last edited by KrazyistKarl; 02-15-2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: .

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

PM Chester - he should know.
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition

PWC
    lots of superjets, a 800sxr,some wave blasters, a waveblaster 2, a 650 sx, some 550s

Hi Krazyist Karl, The sputtering problem is he mention sounds like a fuel delivery problem. You just need to trace the fuel system from the fuel pick up in the tank, fuel lines, any exterior fuel filters, fuel pump and carburator. Maybe the interior fuel filter is clogged. The original compression on the ski is 150psi. I,m suprised the seller has not done it. A running ski is worth more than a non running ski.

PWC
    looking for a first

so is 135 an acceptable pressure? or is the engine pretty worn? im probably going to take a look at it this weekend and take my own compression tester with me. im sure the fuel problem shouldn't be too hard to fix.. i just want to hear some oppinions, i dont want to buy this then spend all summer tryung to get it running.

PWC
    98 SXi Pro

I would pass on that deal. If the fuel pump is not working, a possible cause is leaking crank seals. Spend a little more and buy something that you can actually test ride.

Chester
    4 out of the 5 voices in my head say, pull the trigger!

Chester

PWC
    looking for a first

is there any way of testing if the pump works?