PWC
    seadoo gts

Default no spark seadoo gts 717

1997 gts seadoo : Hello to all as im trying to find out why my sea doo has no spark i have narrrowed the problem to the stator / coil or the mpem, does anyone know how to test resistance in the stator/coil - yellow wire, yellow black wire/ black red, black wire wire, this has had me scratching my head for some time , ive pulled the stator plate off and noticed the coil was slightly burt on the bottom ive just recieved my used stator plate assembly from and ebay dealer in the states and notince i have no resistance in the coil blackred wire black wire, any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers

PWC
    Seadoo GTI/GTX

Have you got it going yet?
    No spark start simple fuses connection. Stator is for the charging system no relation to the spark. Check to see if you have batt. voltage to the coil plus ground. If so then I would say it is up stream from there and if not work the other way. Mpem I take it that is like the ECU correct?? check source voltage. Not a PWC tech but a Toyota tech. Keep me posted will help as best a s I can.. Just trying to picture this in my head..
    Good Luck

PWC
    seadoo gts

Hi and thankyou for the reply, from what i could make of it, the stator sends power to the coil and branches off to the mpem (ecu) ((Black Red wire)) im getting no resistance or volts from this wire as i crank the motor, inspected the generating coil at stator plate and notice a hole burned through, the fuses are good, purchased a new complete "good" stator including generating coil and want to know how to test it, just want to rule out the stator/ generating coil prior to moving up the the computer, the ingnition coil is new mpem ecu computer beeps no fues blown ect

PWC
    seadoo gts

help please..............

PWC
    seadoo gts

got spark yea

PWC
    95 xp800

If you need help, give me a call maybe I can help.

647-280-7850

Ryan

PWC
    98 SXi Pro

The stator IS part of the ignition system. You should have 40 - 76 ohms between the black wire and the black/red wire.

Chester
    4 out of the 5 voices in my head say, pull the trigger!

Chester

PWC
    seadoo gts

done...... thanks for all the advice..... cheers John