Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 98 GS SEADOO SINKING

98 GS SEADOO SINKING

Recently my, seadoo just sank, 10 minutes after operation. No hull weakness or visible leaks from any hoses. Seadoo is currently at dealer, waiting for inspection. BRP's immediate reply is no support after warranty. This is not a very good way of dealing with your clients. Why would my seadoo just sink, only 10 minutes after full speed on calm water? This is a definate safetly concern and one that will spear head my legal proceedings against them. Only 80 hours on machine and use it two weeks of year. If anyone wants to join my crusade against BRP, please let me know. I have another year now without my seadoo, so lots of time to research and plan.
    Ian

PWC
    '98 Challenger 1800 Wake

Answered your other post before I read this one...

Tell your dealer to check the bailer tubes... If they are missing then Seadoo should repair any damage under warranty since there was a recall of sorts - Warranty Campaign 98-4 - It was for the Limited boats but we found problems in all the seadoos that year.

If your Dealer likes you they can put in a claim for any damage and say that the tubes were missing, thats where the dealer has some play in what they explain to Bombardier.

Hope this helps,

Gabe
    www.JetR.ca

Gabe,
    Tks for info, that was the first thing I checked and they are ok. Will be starting research now on how it could sink.
    Ian

PWC
    '98 Challenger 1800 Wake

Any update on what they found?

Default 98 GS SEADOO SINKING

As I was due to return home to Victoria, I had put my seadoo back in the garage for another year. I have drafted up a memo to BB and will submit for action. Post the sinking, now have a noticeable knock in my rotax engine (prob water injestion) Possibly damaged block. I am figuring on a new block anyways and will bring seadoo into dealer next month for inspection. I figure I will have to pay for everything, but why a sudden sinking? Also have found on internet that main seal sometimes goes. Please feel free to email me at ian@titantower.com if anyone has any pointers on how to deal with bb and how to prevent this from occuring again.
    Ian

did you check the shaft seal carrier? there are 2 seals and a bearing in that little device. take a look at my gallery pics for what happens when they start to go bad.

Default 98 GS SEADOO RECALLS

Post my sinking, I am finding out there were recalls on my model and my dealer never contacted me on them. Since then, my dealer has closed down and now I am forced to see another. At what point does BRP say it was dealers fault for not notifying me? Anyways, I am sending a memo to BRP to document my occurrence and to find out why my machine just filled up with water. This is a major safety issue that involves compliance with Transport Canada pwc regs and this is what I will exploit. Many thanks to all of you for your responses. All this for two weeks a year on Lake Superior lol..
    Ian

PWC
    '98 Challenger 1800 Wake

It's actually BRP that should have sent you the notice. The dealer submits registration info to Bombardier for warranty, etc., and BPR does the rest.

Usually when the machine gets to the shop most dealers look for recalls and service bulletins since they can charge Bombardier for any such work. I guess your dealer didn't.

Gabe

PWC
    20001 yamaha waverunnerxl800

got good solution to this do what i did buy a yamaha waverunner!!!!!I had two seadoos all junk more time in shop then riding.hope the 2006 4 stoke do better then the old seadoos..just my 2 cents...

On a machine that old I don't think you will have a leg to stand on.
    Do you want to go fast? Check out:
    WWW.GREENHULK.NET