Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad PWC Dealer

PWC
    2001 GTX

Default Bad PWC Dealer

I am new here, but I have had some bad dealings with a Dealer in the Toronto location located off of the 400 highway. Well here is the Deal I purchased a pwc from a customer of theirs. They had just rebuilt the engine. I was given receipts for all of the work and I even spoke to someone who works there about this about this seadoo. They assured me that there would be no problems with the seadoo at all and that we would take care of it something happened. Well The first time I go to use it, it doesnt start. The engine was turning over but it would not fire. I took it back to them and they told me some kind of solonoid needed to be replaced and they billed me for it. OK no big deal. The same weekend I went to use the seadoo and seemed to run well for about 30 minutes and then shut off. I was then stuck in the middle of the lake. I took the machine to a dealer up north thinking that it was something stupid that I have done. Well the dealer up north was very nice enough to look at the unit for me right away. I couldnt believe what they have found. They removed the cylinder head and they showed to me that they pistons where installed backwards. I couldnt believe that a Dealer as big and professional as they LOOK could not repair my seadoo correctly. One of the piston rings had caught the exhaust port as the technician described to me. I then called the Dealer in Toronto (CALJET) and the owner was as ignorant as his ego. He told me that I was on my own and that they will not warranty this, as another dealer has asessed the failure. I made it very clear that I would bring it back and that i was only calling to make them aware of what has happened to my machine. I ended up taking my seadoo to another guy in Toronto that seemed very knowledgable and wanted to help. He came to my house to look at the seadoo and had agreed with the other seadoo dealer that the pistons where installed backwards. What he also pointed out to me is that they where not Bombardier pistons. They where some kind of cheap after market piston. Well on my invoice, they charged me for Factory pistons and all of other parts.
    Well im telling my story for those who are interested and I hope someone else does not get burned like I did.

Stay as far away from this Dealer as you can

Jilardu

PWC
    98 SXi Pro

WOW!
    They used to have a good reputation! I guess no more!
    It seems more often now that poor after sales service is the norm.

Chester
    4 out of the 5 voices in my head say, pull the trigger!

Chester

PWC
    08 RXT

hey I had two bad repairs there too, did you talk to Gordon? do you mind me asking who was the other guy in TO you took you Seadoo to.

PWC
    Yamaha GP1200 - 1999

Cal jet is EXTREMLY COSTLY! I got my pwc from snowcity. They are a lot more resonable and your not on hold for hours.

I had my engine flooded with water and was going to take it to caljet but i ended up doing the work myself forget taking it to them. There a lot of knowledged people on the forum! Either on here or a few others that have assisted me in fixing my machine and get it back o nthe water.

Even buy oil from them its wow expensive. I went to snowcity in scarbrough and it was half the price almost

Internet Meter Maid
    PWC
    the superjet

ive also heard bad things about caljet.. im sorry to hear about your luck, is there nothing you can do to make them pay for there mistakes? nothing worse than a company that doesnt stand behind there work.. mistakes happen but they should honour it.. DISSAPOINTING CALJET

PWC
    The Superjet

Default Stay away from Cal-jet

Going back to the first post, thats something Cal-jet would do alright. They used to be good back in the day when it was aqua-jet, but nowadays this is the norm for them. Unless you need something small like a gasket or a filter stay right away from them!!!

Dont mean to add insult to injury but thats what happens when you ride sea-poos... Yamaha is the go!!!

PWC
    701 SN SJ

Cal-Jet was never Aqua-jet...they were two seperate companies...
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ

PWC
    08 RXT

Has anybody heard anything about Caljet lately , some say they are now in finacial trouble. I drive by the other day and they have like over 20 Seadoos in stock. They are all still stacked outside in the crates and they cant be 2009, there are alot of 2008 still in the showroom too.

PWC
    701 SN SJ

I've heard similar rumors...nothing confirmed at this point
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ

PWC
    The Superjet

You sure about that Robbie? Or were there two owners of Cal-jet then they split and one opened Aqua-jet. Yah Im pretty sure thats how it went. My mistake sorry for the false info!

Quote Originally Posted by jetx View Post
    Cal-Jet was never Aqua-jet...they were two seperate companies...