PWC
    Seadoo GTI/GTX

Default Seadoo 951 oil injection Question

Well fire up both seadoo's today. Noticed that the GTX with the 951 engine does not seem to be pumping oil from the pump.
    Question:
    Is it possible to premix the fuel and bypass the oil injection system. If so what mix ratio. Seems like premix is more reliable. Anyone else run into this problem.
    Thanks

yes you can bypass the oil injection and run pre-mix. what makes you think that the oil pump is not pumping oil? did you pull the lines and measure to see if oil was coming out?

pre-mix ratio is 40:1 or 50:1 depending on the oil you use. you would need to remove the oil pump, the drive shaft from in behind the mag cover, block the injection lines to the reeds and put a block off plate on the mag cover.

PWC
    Seadoo GTI/GTX

Thanks for the reply
    My story is:
    I purchase a seadoo 951 with a cooked engine #2 cyl was dry with no oil. So I rebuilt the engine new crank, pistons .50 o/s. Was priming the engine and noticed no oil from the pump but there is oil to the pump. The lines are clear with no clogging but with your own breath you can't blow air through them only with an air compresser. I don't want the risk of frying a new engine. Is the priming process very slow. The oil injection system just mixes the fuel and gas correct. It does not spray oil on the crank correct. I don't mind premix at least I know it is 100%.
    Please give me you opinion
    Thanks very much

PWC
    '98 Challenger 1800 Wake

At idle the oil pump hardly works at all so you'll need to manually hold the oil pump at wot and run the engine at idle (don't forget to hook up your water supply) and then the oil will start pumping through the lines.
    Make sure you run premix for the first tank or two anyways to help in the break-in procedure, and to also be 100% sure the oil pump is working properly. These oil pumps rarely break, but anything is possible.
    If you choose to go pre-mix all the time I would leave the pump/tank/lines in just in case you want to sell it one day. Most people hate premixing.

PWC
    none yet...

why do you need to buy the blockoff kit? why can't you just drain the oil tank, leave it in, and start pre-mixing the fuel?

Default 2002 Seadoo GTX Di

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    yes you can bypass the oil injection and run pre-mix. what makes you think that the oil pump is not pumping oil? did you pull the lines and measure to see if oil was coming out?

pre-mix ratio is 40:1 or 50:1 depending on the oil you use. you would need to remove the oil pump, the drive shaft from in behind the mag cover, block the injection lines to the reeds and put a block off plate on the mag cover.
    I jumped into this late, I like this answer because it solves my problem. We also suspect the pump quit and seized the motor. I was told you can't premix with the injected motors?? Any opinions on this?