Thread: F Cameron Cycle

PWC
    2004 SJ, 89 JS550 For Sale

Default F Cameron Cycle

Hey everyone... I wanted to take this opportunity to tell everyone about my experience with cameron cycle...

I recently took my JS 550 there because it was the only Kawi dealer around... and only place that would even look at it...

My jetski wasnt starting and I was unable to determine the problem... This was my last resort. I took it there and ask them to take a look.

They called me and told me there was a problem witht he Starter motor, but it may be able to be rebuilt, otherwise I would have to get a new one. They said their were goin to take the starter apart to see if it could be rebuilt...

So in this time, I looked up prices for a new starter just in case... I found NEW starters for 99.95 on SBTs website...

When they called me back they said it could be repaired, not mentioning how much it would cost... I only assumed it would be cost effective and not very expensive, cuz was why would they even mention it... and why would they not tell me how much it was gonna cost...

When they called me back today, they said it was all done and would cost 430 dollars....

WTF is all I have to say... How can you not inform a customer that your goin to charge them 430 dollars for a service... before the service... I could have understood if it wasnt nearly that expensive... But since it was SO much money... I cannot understand why I was not informed....

Because if they had told me... it was gonna cost 430 to rebuild a starter... I would have said no thanks... I pay for u takin a look and diagnosing the problem... I think Ill buy a NEW starter for 1/4 that price...

PWC
    09 SHO Cruiser

Your gettin ripped off.
    Do not pay em and threaten legal action immediatley.
    If your not satisfied ,then proceed with legal action.
    Just my 2 cents.

PWC
    X2

Dealers are out to make money...They probably sent it out to have it repaired which was $100 they then marked it up themselves added 4 hours labour at $85/ hour and then taxes on top of it all.
    Next time bring it to me. I'm real good with the old school stuff.

PWC
    701 SN SJ

What did they charge for labour???

You should have definately been given an estimate and you probably should have asked but if they are a dealer i really don't think you got ripped off. Our shop rate where I work(yamaha dealer) is $95/hr...they probably charged you 2 hours for the diagnostic time and than for the re and re of the starter. Yes they probably sent it out to be rebuilt and marked it up but that is the name of the game.

2 hrs x $95 = $185
    $150 for starter build
    plus taxes would put you real close to the $430

Yeah it is expensive but when you break it down it doesn't sound like they pulled any funny stuff on yeah. Think of it this way, at least they didn't charge you for a brand new $500 dollar starter from kawi and than labour without you knowing.

Don't get me wrong...they should have given an estimate and yes I think you should be upset. Just wanted to give a different perspective since I have sat on both sides of the fence.
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ

PWC
    X2

Yeah...Maybe not 4 hours but what Serious is saying is right. Nothing funny going on. Shop time is expensive.