PWC
    07 RXT

Default Looking for advise on 1st Ski.

I am looking for my first Ski.
    I have my eye on an 06 GTI. Any advise on these machines? Problems? Things to look for? It has 186 hours on it. This seems like alot for a 3 year old ski should I be concerned with the hours? How many hours are these engines good for?
    I do not need to be the fastest on the river but I do want enough power to pull a skier, or Big tube with a few kids in it.

Thanks for your help.
    Jagz

PWC
    08 RXT

wait did you say 186 hours on a 2006??? thats sounds like a nice rental return, I hope they are not asking more than $5000........ I would keep looking. I just saw some 2007 and 2008 Yamaha vx 110 cruziers for around $8000-$9000 with like 20 hours on them.

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

Yeah, 20-40hrs per year maybe, but that many? Ouch!
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition

PWC
    07 RXT

I emailed the Dealer and asked for the previous owners number etc. Have not heard back yet. You are not far off with the $5000. I am thinking I may want more power. ? Thanks for your input. Jagz

PWC
    08 RXT

Here is an 2007 GTi with 26 hours for $7900 including the trailer

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-2007-Sea-Doo-GTI-SE-only-26-hours-W0QQAdIdZ141415234

PWC
    07 RXT

I called about that one but have not had a reply. I think some people post adds then forget about them. : ( $7900 seems pretty steep. MSRP is $9399 for a new one with 3 years of warranty. Jagz

PWC
    Seadoo RXP, RXT

Default Consider looking south of the border...

I picked up a 2005 RXP (62 hours) and a 2005 RXT (67 hours) plus a 2005 Karavan double trailer for US$10,300 in Seattle. Both boats were in perfect condition - no significant scratches or damage to the gelcoat, and in excellent mechanical condition. This was back in February. These are the first jet skis I've ever owned. I was a bit concerned they might be too much, but a few hours with the learner key and we were fine.

With the exchange rate as high as it is, those prices are pretty attractive compared to the prices north of the border! Here in Vancouver I was seeing asking prices around double what I paid (although in $Cdn).

Anyway, just a thought. Not sure where you live, but most of us Canucks live pretty close to the border ...

Cheers,

Amar

PS - loving the machines! Have put ~35 hours on them already this season!

PWC
    07 RXT

Even new it looks like you can save some money by buying States Side. What was involved in bringing them across the boarder?

PWC
    08 RXT

$7900 seems pretty steep. MSRP is $9399 for a new one with 3 years of warranty. Jagz .............

Just dont forget thats $9399 plus plus plus frieght and PDI $500-700 plus $1000 for trailer and then taxes 13% TOTAL appox.. $12,500 you save about $4500. Then the $200 oil change after first 10 hours and you still wont get a speedo,temp sensor or mirrors like the Gti SE has.
    Your right about the warranty, I love the fact I have a 3 year, my buddy has 3year on his new Gti too.

PWC
    07 RXT

07 RXT. I pick her up today. : )