PWC
    2 '89' Kawasaki SX 650's

Question Reed Stuffers vs. Reed Spacers

Alright, So I have been looking at a lot of different web sites for aftermarket parts. I have seen the reed stuffers and I have seen the JRE reed spacers.

I understand that the stuffers will increase the velocity at which the fuel mixture will travel past the reeds.
    Is this really a benefit and if so how. Is it because of the increased velocity that more can actually be forced in? Will they improve bottom end or top end performance?

Reed Spacers... increase the volume of the intake side of the reeds. Again what is the benefit? where will the gains be, bottom or top end.

Is one mod for freestyle and the other for racing?

Personally I want my machine toas efficiently as possible with the best results for the buck.

Lets hear the opinions, facts, and personal experience from using these parts.

Thanks Guys
    Riding an '89' is a splash from the past!

PWC
    X2

My buddy installed spacers on his superjet and lost a lot of bottome end. Stuffers are supposed to increase the velocity mixing the air and fuel better. Supposed to give you better throttle response. Personally I really don't think these things are worth it so I've never bothered to try them.

PWC
    2 '89' Kawasaki SX 650's

Alright we have one input on reed spacers.

Has anybody installed the stuffers? What are the results?
    Riding an '89' is a splash from the past!

PWC
    95 speedster, surfjet

stuffers will increase your idle and mid range throttle response, it will become much cripser response. It will also do nothing more then that lol, very minimal increase on near stock rigs. Have to beef up up the carbs too

Internet Meter Maid
    PWC
    the superjet

stuffers are good for snap and spacers seem to save the reeds and maybe give you a bit more top end but loosing some bottom imo.. go for a set of vf2's