Default Sea-Doo US vs CDN Dealer Promo

There is a new promo expiring Aug 17th on new 2007 - 2009 sea-doos whereby in Canada you can get $800 off OR a 3 year warranty. The same promo is running in the US at $2,800 off OR a 5 year warranty. What is the logic here? With our dollar as close as it is to the US now, I'm thinking of buying the sea-doo from NY. Any advice / suggestions?

PWC
    X2

That's why everyone buys from the US. I die hear that US bombardier dealers were not allowed to sell to canadians. Your warranty may not also be valid unless you have a US address. As canadians we need to start standing up to this typ of BS and get the prices down.

PWC
    95 speedster, surfjet

just get a po box and they will sell it to u....but i agree, its made here !! The reason why its cheaper in the states is due to mentalitly. I know it sounds far fetched, but the US has a throw away attitude and whatever is cheaper is what they buy, why doesn't kia need a bailout?. Canadians as a majority pay for quality.......and we are even thankful lol

PWC
    701 SN SJ

Just don't expect any warranty work to be performed up here...not sure about bombardier but yamaha dealers cannot claim warranty on US units without special permission from yamaha canada. There is no money to be made for a dealer when it comes to warranty so don't expect anyone to touch it.
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ

PWC
    09 SHO Cruiser

Move near the border, buy american (cheaper) and you can still bring it back for warranty work.
    Im taken serious's advise and buying a new SuperJet in the US. I live 20 min. from the border and can return it for warranty work,not that it would need it.