PWC
    1995 WR3

Default recommend a plug wire set?

I Want new wires for my old waverunner but being new to these craft I have no idea on which set of wires are the best choice. I will oneday upgrade the coil so I want some wires that will be acceptable to a higher output coil.
    I figure any work needed might as well be done HI-Performance.

Thanks for any suggestions
    95 wr3 701

PWC
    X2

I'm pretty sure you can not remove the wires from coil. You could use a msd coil with a good wire set however this will not really be an upgrade. You need to also upgrade the CDI as well. MSD makes an enhancer for the 701 which will give you a hotter spark.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Wave View Post
    I Want new wires for my old waverunner but being new to these craft I have no idea on which set of wires are the best choice. I will oneday upgrade the coil so I want some wires that will be acceptable to a higher output coil.
    I figure any work needed might as well be done HI-Performance.

Thanks for any suggestions
    95 wr3 701

PWC
    1995 WR3

Thanks for the insight X2
    Guess I could pick up the coil and wires for now.
    The runner is 14 years old it should be do for new electrics before they just stop on their own.. I'll do some investigating into the parts.
    Might as well ask here, Anybody have a MSD coil they would like to sell ? possible a cdi as well.
    1995 701 motor

PWC
    92 Superjet, 98 GSXL, 06 SXR, 96 Superjet, 07 Superjet, 99 GP800

The coils very rarely ever go bad, it's usually just the wires and the MSD coil isn't any better than OEM. If you want the best solution currently available, send your coil to John @ Jetskisolutions. For $65 he will replace the wires with a special cable and MSD boots and you will never have any problems again.
    http://www.jetskisolutions.com/p49_k...placement.html

The MSD Enhancer is available online at Amazon.com for $177.50 shipped anywhere in the US but I'm not sure if they have it available to Canada yet. I have acted as the middle man for a couple transactions already if you are interesed in one. I have been sending them north for $210usd shipped which just covers my cost, I do it as more of a favor for my fellow Canadians.
    Last edited by Boykid88; 09-01-2009 at 06:16 AM.
    92 Freestyle Superjet, 98 GSXL SS, 06 SXR, 96 Freeride Superjet, 07 Freeride Superjet, 99 GP800

PWC
    1995 WR3

Thumbs up

Thanks for your offer to ship the Enhancer, In the future I may pm you about the Enhancer. I'll have to do some looking on this end of our continent to see what is available. I'm thinking a bigger badder coil out of bigger hp/cc Yamaha of some description-to Help give it a bigger fatter spark.
    I could make a Frankenstein... .
    with the enhancer tossed in to finish the job.
    I will post back on a coil I find worthy, If in fact I can find a coil that is worthy of replacing the stock one with.