Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rxt-x

Default rxt-x

Can anyone tell me if the 08 rxt-x has updated washers in supercharger thanks.

PWC
    08' RXT-X

Yes it does.

Thanks i'm looking a new 08 rxt-x what your opinion on this ski all around.

PWC
    08' RXT-X

All around it is an excellent ski. I had a GTX before and the RXT handles better. The amount of acceleration it has is unbelievable, not to mention it's towing ability. It yanks me out of the water on my slalom ski (i'm 245lbs) at 3/4 throttle and has a nice consistant pull once your driver has some experience. I have also pulled 3 tubers at once on a few occasions and that is with a spotter on the back with ease (no joke). The only drawback is the amount of fuel it eats (premium) but it is well worth the $. It you are just out cruising your tank will last 4 hours + but riding it hard you'd be lucky to get two haha. Good luck and let us know what you think of it should you buy one.

Mike.

PWC
    2008 RXP

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    Thanks i'm looking a new 08 rxt-x what your opinion on this ski all around.
    if you havent bought it IMO i wouldnt. there have been alot of the T-X's blowing out the pump tunnel's witch is a MAJOR flaw in the hulls. Check out the 2010 RXT-X 260hp witch has the new S3 Hull...

PWC
    RXP-X '08

Quote Originally Posted by RXPSpeed View Post
    if you havent bought it IMO i wouldnt. there have been alot of the T-X's blowing out the pump tunnel's witch is a MAJOR flaw in the hulls. Check out the 2010 RXT-X 260hp witch has the new S3 Hull...
    The new s3 hull is unpoven. I wouldn't buy either the 08,09 or 10 atm.

PWC
    2008 RXP

Quote Originally Posted by tempest.runner View Post
    The new s3 hull is unpoven. I wouldn't buy either the 08,09 or 10 atm.
    hey buddy its sportster unproven yes but still has to be better then the t-x hull.

I need opinions on a 2007 rxt215, has update on the sc already the dealer said it wouldn't rev over 6200rpm ok now. It has 38hrs any other problems a guy should know about. Thanks

PWC
    2008 RXP

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    I need opinions on a 2007 rxt215, has update on the sc already the dealer said it wouldn't rev over 6200rpm ok now. It has 38hrs any other problems a guy should know about. Thanks
    This a ski you own or thinking of buying? if it wont rev past 6200rpms Im almost 100% sure it has a supercharger problem. if its a ski your looking to buy id be very carefull as ive heard most dealer's dont take the right steps to clean the motor out after a failure and it can lead to wrecked oil pumps and broken timing chains. If you on a buget and cant buy a new 2010 then look at a new left over 2008 rxt 215hp they have alot of update done that have improve the reliability of the superchargers.
    Last edited by RXPSpeed; 11-29-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks for the info, no i didn't buy it i talk to the dealer who did the work and the sc was done under good will warranty. They didn't clean the engine out, just changed the oil and filter (not cool). I'm going to pass this 07 up i'v been told the 08 rxt and rxt-x has updated washers in the sc and there's a few of those around brand new for not much more $$$. Hope the 08 rxt-x has good washers anyway!