PWC
    Superjet

Default Mandatory Pleasure Craft Operator Card

All power-driven pleasure craft operators will need proof of competency onboard and boaters caught without the card after Sept. 15 2009 will be subject to a fine of $250.00.

Personal watercraft was September 15, 2002

PWC
    97 787 gtx/97 720 gti

A friend of mine with the VPD marine unit said they have been giving out "Lots of warnings" but that's not going to last too much longer. It's a good course, especially for those that really do not have boating knowledge.

I would suggest if you aren't going out on the water over the winter write your test at the Vancouver Boat Show or any boat show in your area. They won't charge you until you PASS!!

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

You can also challenge the test at your local St. John Abulance office for about $25 and you can search for the manual Safety Afloat online.

Be safe out there!
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition

PWC
    '07 GTX Wake 215

I got mine at the Outdoor Adventure Show in 2003 at BC Place. ASM Safe Boating had a booth set up to take the test, and since we also had a booth, they lent me the books to study for the 3 days we were there.

Looks like they offer the study materials online now: http://www.boaterexam.com/canada/

I keep my original PCOC in my wallet, which isn't always with me, so I have a laminated 2-sided color copy that I carry along with my registration papers (also laminated)
    Last edited by Rampage_Rick; 09-30-2009 at 10:54 PM.

PWC
    1990 550sx and 2006 800sxr

I lost my PCOC years ago, I got it when they first came out. Does anyone have any idea who to contact to get another one?

PWC
    2006 Seadoo GTX SC

Hey, here is the link: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety...faq-2233.htm#l for the below information.

How do I replace my lost Pleasure Craft Operator Card?
    While Transport Canada administers the regulations - all cards are issued by private sector organizations referred to as “Course Providers”. Here are a few tips to getting a card replacement:
    • First, contact the accredited course provider that originally issued the card. A complete list of Course Providers is available on this website.
    • Second, if you can't remember the name of the course provider that originally issued your card there are a few things to do to help to remember:
      • Did you take the test with a family member or friend? If so, check with them as the name of the course provider will be on their card.
      • Did you keep a copy of your receipt or the letter that came in the mail with your card attached to it? The course provider’s name is included on both of these documents – and…
      • Most importantly, Transport Canada recommends that all boaters make a copy of their card upon receiving it. This will eliminate doing any research in order to get a replacement card. It’s the simplest and most effective way to get your card replaced!
    TheBaldEagle
    aka Aaron

2006 Seadoo GTX SC
    2006 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition

i was bugged by a cop yesterday for mine, i have one but it wasnt on me, i ride a stand up so realistically i have no where to put it.

he was asking me a whole bunch of questions.. but he didnt ticket me, he gave me his card and asked that i take a photo copy of my license to the station... which im finding a little odd....