PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

Thumbs up Ajusting the idle?

I started the ski I got for the first time yesterday and its my first ski so im not a know it all about them yet. I am wondering when i started it in water it wanted to pull forward like the idle or something was turned up a bit to much. Is the normal or should you be able to run them in water without them starting to move.

It is a 89 650sx and had a mikinu or however you spell it carb and a few other upgrades. Can someone let me know how I could adjust this?

Thanks

PWC
    701 SN SJ

That is normal...there is no transmission on watercraft so once the engine is running the machine is going to want to pull away.

If you want to adjust the idle, there is a t handle screw where the throttle cable attaches to the carb, Turning it in will raise the idle and turning it out will lower the idle.
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

will that adjust how much it wants to pull because it pulls enough to where you almost need someone up front to hold it from going forward?

thanks for the response

PWC
    The Superjet

Quote Originally Posted by Beacom View Post
    will that adjust how much it wants to pull because it pulls enough to where you almost need someone up front to hold it from going forward?

thanks for the response

If you turn the idle down a bit then yes it wont pull away from you so hard at idle. You really shouldnt have any problem holding your ski at idle once its adjusted properly. If you do then....well....
    Blackjack/Jetworks-Gord Bush performance-Hatefactory freeride FTW