Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default seadoo trip wintertime

Im planning a trip on feb 8th till who knows when...he he he leave vancouver go all the way around vancouver island and back to van...anyone interested on coming out?

Me and a buddy are training to do a really far trip on seadoo's so feb is our starting time.

you do realize that the weather will be miserable, the west side of vancouver island impassible, and water will be cold enough to get nearly instant hypothermia right?

he he he....I did it last year wasn't too too too bad....had suit on with boots and gloves. I totally know what youre talking about specially on that side of the island.

By the way i noticed you're a moderator so im guessing you know this awnser to this question

Is there alot of vancouver people on here???

there are a few locals on here. jetlag, the administrator, is local.

PWC
    Superjet

Default Re: seadoo trip wintertime

Quote Originally Posted by 2blue
    Im planning a trip on feb 8th till who knows when...he he he leave vancouver go all the way around vancouver island and back to van...anyone interested on coming out?

Me and a buddy are training to do a really far trip on seadoo's so feb is our starting time.
    I think the approximate distance around Vancouver Island is 1,400 km... my poor old legs wouldnt last on my standup.

Chad was thinking of riding to Vancouver Island.
    Chad's Topic

don't forget, damn hard to find gas and oil on the west side of the island too. there is a rather large stretch between port renfrew and uclulet that has nothing. cuz it's a big inlet. same with there to tofino. yeah, its long beach, an easy put in, but there is simply nothing there. and from tofino to cape scott, there is less than nothing. i was out there in september camping, and it was inhospitible then!

Ya last year had a boat behind us. Well if we were to do a trip where is a launch thats open for fuel and what not? Leaving from Vancouver right downtown. I havent got ahold of my guy which is spose to follow us. So if i can't get ahold of him then there's got to be gas stations somewhere...he he he...

Also what do you guys sugest dry suit or wet suit? water is going to be cold!!!!

seriously, there are vast stretches of nothing. between tofino and port hardy is nothing, the is a cabin in cape scott park, for park rangers. normally unmanned.

you need a dry suit, under a survival suit. and maybe a backpack full of gas.

You post back very fast...he he he....well i'll have to find a supply boat that just wants to go for a cruise...lol...any good websites to direct me to buy a new suit for this trip?

just about any marine supply will have a selection of suits. i got mine from the dinghy shop in vancouver. it's a hobie dealer, so my drysuit is hobie branded.