Default Maintenance manual for 1994 GTX

hi there.

I just purchased a 1994 Seadoo GTX and I want to be able to do some of the preventative maintenance, winterizing and stuff. I have seen a few different types of mamuals around. Which would you recomment or does it really matter which one I get?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

the clymer or chilton manual will cover a broader range of years and models, therefore not be specific to your boat. the factory manual, while being more expensive, will be narrowed down to say your model, and another that was very close in spec.

its a tradeoff, cost vs generics.

Thanks Doug.
    I have no problems finding the Clymer, Chilton or the Seloc manuals.
    Not so easy to find the factory manual, at least on the net. Would the local dealer be the better avenue?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi again.
    I just found this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-...temZ4561537159
    This sounds pretty good to me. They should be pretty much the same within that year no?
    Any thoughts? :-k
    Mike

PWC
    '98 Challenger 1800 Wake

Try to get the manuals on CD. That way you'll have the shop manual, owners manual, parts diagrams and any recalls or bulletins.

You can usually get them on Ebay for a few bucks and its always easier to print out the pages you need for the service instead of getting a shop manual dirty and ripped.

I'm not too sure if they go back as far as 94, but the 650 is almost identical to the 720 and your hull was used until 99 (GTS - i think) so even a 96-97 CD-ROM should do the trick.

www.JetR.ca

the 96-97 shop manual is available on p2p. although, i am not sure how people in the watercraft world view that sort of thing. people i know in the bike world are cheap as hell and will take anything they can get for as little as they can dish out. its one of the things that has really soured me on the sportbike community here in bc.

i hate to say it (mainly because i am always saying it to sportbikers) but the dealer is the place you start. if your local dealer can't get it, branch out. www.seadoo.com lists dealers for canada. make some calls until you find one that will get the manual and ship it to you. i went thru 4 locals before i found one that was willing to order it with no deposit, and at a better price than the other 3. my go to dealership basically turned their backs on me, so i won't be going back to them.

$110 is too much for the manual. expect to pay a reasonable $70 for it. a clymer or other aftermarket book will be about $35-$50.