PWC
    x-2

Default WTB sxr flywheel puller

I'm looking for a sxr flywheel puller.
    thanks
    Etienne

Princess Auto or Candian Tire

Princess auto sell flywheel pullers for around $20 canadian tire is around $100
    www.canadian-freestyle.com
    Look for us on facebook - Canadian Freestyle
    stocking Authorised Airtime products, Hot Products, Powerfactor products, Gecko head gear, swift lift, jet lift totes/carts & Hydroturf dealer and also
    RAGE composites - BRAWLER HULL

PWC
    X2

I sell them...They are $13.32. There are 2 types. One is shorter which allows you to use it without removing the engine on the sxr. If you need it for an X2 then the longer one is better as its easiest to take the tank out and use an impact gun with it. Let me know if I can help you out.

PWC
    98 SXi Pro

The Kawasaki 750/800 flywheel puller is just an 18mm bolt with a 1.5 thread pitch. Should be cheap at the hardware store.
    Page 240 in the Hot Product catalog, bottom right.

Chester
    4 out of the 5 voices in my head say, pull the trigger!

Chester

stores like PartSource will loan out a Harmonic Balancer (flywheel) removal tool

PWC
    X2

Those types of pullers will not work. As chester said above it's basically a M18x1.5 bolt. Years ago when I needed one I ended up turning my own on a lathe as hardware stores carry a limited supply of metric bolts. Even brafasco and other fastener suppliers didn't have them as standard pitch for a thread this big was 2.0. It's worth a try finding one locally first.

PWC
    x-2

hey x2guy, I will try to get it locally, but If I don't find one today I will send you payment for one.
    thanks again

it is a odd size bolt ... thought i could make a buck one time when i was selling on ebay and bought up a buch of em at maybe 3 or 4 bucks each ..
    not at any regular hardware store .. maybe braffasco ,, i think it was ..

think i onlyhave one left though ,, but if chester on teh thread m18 by 1.5 ( length really is not important ) is correct you should be able to use his size measurement and get some ..

13 bucks .. even plus a little shipping will still save you money and time driving around looking for one .. have you seen teh price of gas LOL ????
    call X2 guy now !

and damn VERY easy to pull flywheels off with way .. witha puller like on a 650 kawi or 500 they never get perfectly centered and sometimes a bithc to pull ..

ok damn . i cant even decipher my own post .. i better have a beer :P

PWC
    x-2

Thank you guys, I decide to take the one from x2guy. I didn't want to spend my day looking for that. Anyway with xpress post, I will have it really soon. I love doing business in Canada, shipping is so fast and no freaking broker fee and time staying at custom.