Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

updating this...

Alright so I finally made some progress on this today, unfortunately it was set aside a bit because ive been off at school.

Took the motor up to X2 guy to get the cases machine for the 650 electrics. I know lots say to run 750 but im just gunna use the 650 for now because its simpler and i dont feel like looking for a sxi electrical box due to its smaller size. If I have problems I can always switch it fairly easily.

I also bought a coffman pipe and a stock sxr prop im having machined and going to replace my 13-18 solas prop i got in there now.

Last thing I really want are some stock sxr carbs with the manifold then ill be good to go

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

Did some work today, got my ada head in so it got me a little motivated.

I started putting the stator and stuff back in, but realized the woodruff key is at my other place right now. I took pictures of the stator installed, are those line what im supposed to line up to make sure it timed right?

Also has anyone had any experience with the ada heads. You don't use a head gasket apparently, which is cool, but the i cant seem to figure out how to get the o-rings around the domes to stay in place so i can flip it over and install?
    Attached Thumbnails
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0292.jpg  

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0289.jpg   IMG_0294.jpg   IMG_0291.jpg  

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

Got the o-ring problem figured out ... just put a little bit of silicone on my finger and rubbed the ring in a few spots to make it stick in the slot while installing.

Just got the head on, installed the 90 degree cooling fittings, then mocked up the pipe, gunna pull the exhaust mani back off and paint it next weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0301.jpg   IMG_0300.jpg   IMG_0302.jpg  

PWC
    701 SN SJ

Motor is looking good!
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

Did the lapping compound today, had to pull the flywheel back off, so i took picks of how the harmonic puller works incase anyone didn't know. Just coloured the crank shaft with black sharpie, then spun the flywheel with coarse compound till the marker was gone. Then used the fine compound and spun it around a few times.

Just wondering , for the bendix... does it just sit in the hole and in then in the hole for the front engine cover? I know on the 750's it has a spring in the engine cover , but i looked at parts diagram and didn't see any sort of spring or washers being used?

Also I'm looking for a few gaskets .. 4 carb gaskets for stock sxr carbs ( would 40mm mikuni work?), then the 4 gaskets needed for the reeds and intake. The dealer wanted like 75 bucks + tax for those

Thanks in advance if anyone has any.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0320.jpg   IMG_0316.jpg   IMG_0311.JPG   IMG_0321.jpg   IMG_0319.jpg  

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

Also heres some pics of the carbs i got. They were modified by a professional engine builder including custom jetting and an oversize bore. Im going to need some new jets obviously as im guessing these were on a sxr. Anyone have any ideas on what jetting a stuff ill need?

750 small pin
    650 flywheel and electrics
    Coffman pipe
    K&n flame arrestors
    Not sure how much the carbs are bored out
    Ada head with 26 cc domes (165 psi)
    Sxr prop (dont know if that matters)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00496.JPG   DSC00499.JPG   DSC00497.JPG   DSC00498.JPG   DSC00501.JPG  

PWC
    lots of superjets, a 800sxr,some wave blasters, a waveblaster 2, a 650 sx, some 550s

Your project is looking good.

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

Got a little issue I am wondering about... For the sxr carbs the throttle drum is at the front of the ski where as the 650 sx setup is at the back.

Has anyone encountered this? Do i need a shorter cable? and what do i use as a throttle mount?

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

Got then exhaust done, just need to figure out what jets to get and get myself some fuel/cooling lines and some odd screws and bolts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0337.jpg  
    Last edited by Beacom; 04-03-2011 at 09:27 AM.