Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

Default Dropping a 750 in my 650sx

Got this ski last summer pretty much stock and ended up blowing up the top end at the end of summer due to octane booster I believe.

Anyway as of now it has

-AC aluminum -2" pole
    -4 degree bars
    -ODI grips and new finger throttle
    -Solas prop not sure on the pitch (I think its oem pitch)
    -Mikuni sbn44 I think not 100% sure with a k&n arrestor
    -Some graphics and new turf, not all installed yet
    -Ocean pro ride plate

Im getting a 750 for it and have just taken out the 650 and pump.Then cleaned up the engine bay a bit. Planning on tapping head and pump for dual cooling.

Also can anyone tell what type of mikuni it is just by the pictures? I will measure it if not it was just real cold out so didn't want to get out any tools.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0125.jpg   IMG_0190.jpg   IMG_0119.jpg   IMG_0192.jpg   IMG_0193.jpg  

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

Also went across the border to pick up my 750 today.. Took off the stock intake.

Looks like ill need some new reeds?

Also this ebox is huge aha this is going to be a mission trying to get it in my haul. Anyone know someone who does the machining to use the 650 electronics?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0198.jpg   IMG_0201.jpg   IMG_0196.jpg   IMG_0199.jpg   IMG_0200.jpg  

PWC
    701 SN SJ

That definately looks like a mikuni 44, possibly one off a yamaha 650/701 as they come black from the factory.

Hit up X2guy here on the boards he is Full Throttle Motorsports and will be able to help with the machining of your cases to run the 650 electronics. Plus he is a wealth of knowledge on the kawi stuff and will be able to help you along the way.

Make sure when you have the pump out to figure out what pitch impeller you have, it is important to run the right impeller now that you will be making more power. You don;t want it to cavitate. One of the best impellers to run in the 650's is a stock SXR impeller cut back to fit in a 650 pump. It would probably run a couple hundred bucks to find one and have it machined but it will be money well spent to get all that new power to the water.

Also, what exhaust you planning on running?
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

I was thinking of finding a 750 factory pipe but since its pretty big i dont think it would clear the gas tank and also its designed for rear exhaust.

So as of now im thinking a 650 factory pipe or coffmans.

you can any 650 pipe in that jetski but you will need the exhaust manifold off your blown 650 engine .. did you have a aftermarket pipe in there before ? .. do you have a carb set up for the 750 ? you can use the sbn 44 that was on your 650 but you will need a intake manifold maybe a bit costly .. did you geta carb set up on your 750 ? i have some spare single carb intakes for a 750 if you need one ( cheap ) and you could use a 38 kehien .. it is possible to use 650 electonics on your 750 but you will need to remove your flywheel and then tap teh case to hold your 650 stator then use your 650 flywheel .. and ebox .. also lightens it up a bit i think and suposed to be an advantage .. if you need some parts let me know i work in oakville so closeby to you .. I might have 750 reeds i know i have a new set just not sure if they are 650 or 750 .. may havea some spare 750 cages as well your look liek they may be ok with some cleaning ...

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

No I never had a pipe was planning on buying one then, stopped looking when i blew it, so I think im just gunna pick up a 650 factory pipe. I didn't take the carb with it because it had dual carbs and they were pretty rough looking, got the manifold with it but thinking I want to stick with one carb. Was looking at some sbn mikuni 46's just need to find a manifold. You think that carb would be good for it? The 38's a little small isn't it?

Yeah the machine works gunna be a pain im feeling cause i heard you gotta take the crank out as well so we will see i guess I hope i can find a spot to secure that e-box.

Yeah so with reeds im a little newb lol are they the metal parts or the screen stuff under, wondering because when I was looking online it just looked like the part under the metal rusted things.

Thanks for the post!

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

Been working on cleaning this up a bit painted the engine bed, then I got to looking at the difference between the 750 and 650 and where the machining needs to be done...

I am really confused because I don't really see what has to be done. I bolted the 650 starter right up to the 750 case no problem. Then I looked at the spot where the 650 electronics go through the case instead of the stator cover like on the 750. There is a little black plug there you can see in the pics , which i believe i could remove and just put the electronics through there.

If there is anything I am missing that needs to be done could you let me know? Thanks alot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0211.jpg   IMG_0206.jpg   IMG_0208.jpg   IMG_0209.jpg  

PWC
    89 turd sx w/ a 750

Just got in from doing some work. Got it all figured out with how the 650 electronics are going into the 750 thanks to x2 guy. Taking it to him to tap the two holes and make the tabs a bit smaller to fit the 650 stator.

Took the flywheel out of the 650 today with the harmonic puller was pretty easy. The four screws ( 2 for stator and 2 for the plug for electrics out of the cases) were a nightmare. All rusted and weak and had to drill 3 of 4 of them out. Tried a screw extractor with no luck aswell, so ill have to completely drill them out and re tap them sometime.

Also painted a few more things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0223.jpg   IMG_0224.jpg   IMG_0225.jpg  

Nice build... keep the pictures coming.
    are you a USA wannabe or a Canadian

PWC
    98 SXi Pro

The 750 cases will have to be machined to fit the 650 stator.

Chester
    4 out of the 5 voices in my head say, pull the trigger!

Chester