PWC
    2007 Seadoo RXT

Default 2007 Seadoo RXT Kills Its Battery

Hi I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone could help me. I just bought a 2007 Seadoo RXT a couple of months ago from a dealership in the States and imported it into Canada. When I picked it up they had just put a new battery in it because the other one was dead. I didnít think much of it at the time. I got it home took it to the lake, crazy cold btw, and made sure it ran an expected. It did.

So a couple of weeks later I take it out again and the battery is stone dead. 4 volts on the multimeter. I bring it to the idiots at Canadian tire and they tell me the battery is defective so I buy another. (they were wrong and I now have two fully functioning batteries! Anyone want to buy one?)

I'm an engineer so I started to try and figure this out. When the Seadoo is sitting there, ignition off key out, I can hear the fuel pump spool up for a fraction of a second and then I hear a solenoid type sound from the engine shortly after. This happens every 30ish seconds. I have to take the fuel system fuse out to get the fuel pump to stop and the computer (MPEM) fuse out to stop the engine from gurgling.

The closest dealership is too far away and I'm pissed off my new toy doesn't feel so new anymore. I'm guessing the computer is fried or I should just put in a master shut off on the battery. 600 dollars or 10 dollars! Problem is I'm worried about the MPEM leaving me stranded.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by qwazii; 05-15-2011 at 12:38 PM.

PWC
    701 SN SJ

Where are you located?
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ

PWC
    2007 Seadoo RXT

Sorry about that havent filled out my profile yet. I live in Victoria BC. You'd think we'd have a seadoo dealership! I would have to drive all the way up to Nanaimo.

PWC
    701 SN SJ

Thats too bad, if you were over here I Definately had some referrals for you of where to go.
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ

PWC
    06 rxp 05 rxp 07 rxp 04 gtx 05 rxt 06 rxt

Default problem

im having the same problems on my o4 gtx 4 tec any ideas

PWC
    2007 Seadoo RXT

Default Solution for me

Quote Originally Posted by trent_girardrxp View Post
    im having the same problems on my o4 gtx 4 tec any ideas
    I finally got it figured out. I tried many MANY things, including replacing the DESS post. After all that it ended up being corroded engine grounds. All of the crazy stuff it was doing was just because of flaky grounds! Who knew. Hope it is the same for you because it ended up being a cheap fix.

PWC
    1997 Seadoo GTS

Default Welcome and info

I too am an engineer, although old (66),with an old Seadoo (1997 GTS) so don't have any experience with your vintage of Seadoo except to wish I had one. My sister in law has a 155 HP Wake which I drive infrequently but it is a blast.

I find the manuals available on line at http://seadoomanuals.net a valuable aid to provide me with the correct parts names and system names which helps when asking a question.

I have bought special tools such as the alignment tool for the engine installation as I like to do a lot of my own work. I hear the 4 strokes are much more reliable so hopefully you will not have many problems.

The American forum http://www.seadooforum.com usually has a lot of experts on our Canadian product

I hope it is only because they have longer seasons and a bigger population.

Glad to hear you did find your problem.

Dave p

Quote Originally Posted by qwazii View Post
    I finally got it figured out. I tried many MANY things, including replacing the DESS post. After all that it ended up being corroded engine grounds. All of the crazy stuff it was doing was just because of flaky grounds! Who knew. Hope it is the same for you because it ended up being a cheap fix.