Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	2386Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	2383
    Hey guys,

Just bought myself a 1996 Seadoo SPX 717 , rebuilt and 0hrs on it
    It was rebuilt and the guy didn't have time to finish up the work so there are small things that i will tackle on my own and need the forums help.
    I already have a 1988 Glasstream temepst, 120 mercruiser.
    I am very new to Jetski's so i look forward to reading all winter and educating myself on this machine.
    What needs to be done as i see it:

-Drive Shaft Greased (cover put on)
    -Plastic Intake Assembly Installed
    -Jet Pump Nozzle Painted and Installed
    -Install Numbers on Hull
    -Add Oil and Gas

I have noticed that the choke is not connected as i pulled it and all loose.
    Need to check all connections and little hoses that they are in the right spot and have clamps on them to insure no leaks.
    I don't plan on firing it up this year..at least until temperatures are above 10C so we are looking at till March/April 2012.
    I need to also look for a trailer or might build one of my own if i can find a place to weld.

Thanks guys
    Last edited by murjiim; 11-05-2011 at 06:21 PM.

PWC
    96 Seadoo SPC 717

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20111105_222526.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	2387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	2388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	2389

Rest of the pics.
    Can someone label the parts listed...thats all the stuff i got with the seadoo so need to fit them on. I know where they go but dont know the technical name for some.
    7 - jet pump cover
    6-seem to be fuse covers but where should these even go or are they spares he gave me
    1-where should this go..is this the choke on that should fit on the side of the carb

PWC
    96 Seadoo SPC 717

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unhooked stuff.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	2390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	2391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	2392

questions:

what is number 1...is it the inline fuel filter
    1a where does the of of this hose go╔

where does 2 go╔ i followed it to the bow and its an exit to the outside so i guess the drain...is this to be connected and where╔
    3 is from the oil reservoir can...where is this supposed to hook up╔
    4 throttle cable...how is this to be hooked up...i cant even get to the carb side on the sb side
    5 choke cable...where does this go..once again cant get to sb side

PWC
    2 91 SN, 97 RN, 95 SPX

That number one hose is the feed from your fuel tank it will connect on the carb on the spigget the shows an arrow going in.

Number 2 hose is for your battery it keeps the battery fumes outside of the bilge.

3 i think its the oil feed it so it would hook up to the oil pump which is underneath the carbs. There should be a cable that connect the oil pump with the throttle so the more throttle you give it the more oil it gives the engine.
    One thing about the oil pump, is that the can take a while to get primed so be careful of that.

The throttle cable should go into the lower mounting hole and the choke should be on top but im not sure what you mean by the sb side?

Hope this helps i just put mine away for winter so i am going off of memory from when i put mine together.

RyAn

PWC
    96 Seadoo SPC 717

Quote Originally Posted by 91SuperJet View Post
    That number one hose is the feed from your fuel tank it will connect on the carb on the spigget the shows an arrow going in.

Number 2 hose is for your battery it keeps the battery fumes outside of the bilge.

3 i think its the oil feed it so it would hook up to the oil pump which is underneath the carbs. There should be a cable that connect the oil pump with the throttle so the more throttle you give it the more oil it gives the engine.
    One thing about the oil pump, is that the can take a while to get primed so be careful of that.

The throttle cable should go into the lower mounting hole and the choke should be on top but im not sure what you mean by the sb side?

Hope this helps i just put mine away for winter so i am going off of memory from when i put mine together.

RyAn
    Thanks this helps now does hose 2 connect to the battery somehow or just sits outside unconnected close to the battery? i thought these machines would have some kind of a blower like the boats. its scarrying me how there is so much different than my 120hp merc
    I have printed of the manual and have looked some stuff up and its so vague and complicated to understand it. they arent even showing where these hoses would go.

PWC
    2 91 SN, 97 RN, 95 SPX

Quote Originally Posted by murjiim View Post
    Thanks this helps now does hose 2 connect to the battery somehow or just sits outside unconnected close to the battery? i thought these machines would have some kind of a blower like the boats. its scarrying me how there is so much different than my 120hp merc
    I have printed of the manual and have looked some stuff up and its so vague and complicated to understand it. they arent even showing where these hoses would go.

On the side of the battery if its a wet cell battery it will have a spot to hook it up, and on the battery box there will a clip that the hose goes into also. The blower isnt needed becasue where the exit is placed as water passes by it it pulls the gases out. Ya those manuals suck, with my seadoo i had the engine out so i could see where everything went alot better.

PWC
    96 Seadoo SPC 717

Quote Originally Posted by 91SuperJet View Post
    On the side of the battery if its a wet cell battery it will have a spot to hook it up, and on the battery box there will a clip that the hose goes into also. The blower isnt needed becasue where the exit is placed as water passes by it it pulls the gases out. Ya those manuals suck, with my seadoo i had the engine out so i could see where everything went alot better.
    yes i noticed a little clip beside the battery and it looked like the hose will just clip to that so its secure...so i gotta find where the plug is to hook it up on the battery.
    any chance you got pics of how all these particular hoses are hooked up?

PWC
    96 Seadoo SPC 717

Default where

is there a schematic diagram of the carb showing how the throttle and choke cable is hooked up all together.
    ok so more pics and wanted you to help me identify these areas in the pics...they are labeled.

A - which hose goes here?
    B - which hose goes here?

D - missing clips right? can i use the regular screwed clamps?
    E - what goes here?
    F - what is this? is it he fuel or oil filter? does it need replacing from that color?
    G - is something missing in this area?

[/QUOTE

ffffff
    Last edited by murjiim; 11-27-2011 at 10:41 AM.

PWC
    96 Seadoo SPC 717

I figured out the throttle cable and choke cable. really helped by taking the top piece of the carb off and exposing the flaps. it was easy to see.

video question:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhE8VEpUxUI

- what connects to this spring loaded mechanism? i was given another cable and i guess it goes here but its pretty long cable so from the manual pg 07-02-3 shows its only going upwards and its short. i thought the cable goes from here all the way to the PTO section of the carb so that when you pull the throttle, this mechanism in the video would also depress releasing some oil.
    am i right or wrong about this?
    Last edited by murjiim; 11-27-2011 at 11:30 PM.