PWC
    96 Seadoo SPC 717

Default altnernative to hydro turf

Hey.
    So i was thinking how expensive hydro turf is so as an alternative perhaps looking to use the yoga mats cut into the shape that you want. might only need one may which is around $20 and you can make a template from paper first then make the final cut from that.
    stick it in place with some industrial glue from home depot or use the spray form on glue.
    i am looking for this yoga mat and so far winners has it for around $20 but i think they will be somewhere out there for sale.
    What do you guys think? will it work?

Default hydro turf is really good !

Add Content

well ive been selling hydroturf for a while now and offer canadianpwc and x-h20 the sheets at $75 a sheet

if you cant afford a sheet of turf at $75 you maybe in the wrong sport... imo

hydroturf was designed for use on watercraft etc, yoga mats are not, unless there is a new trend i didnt hear about

most likely once the yoga mat is wet, it will become slippery, plus yoga mats dont normally have footwear rubbing on them all the time, the yoga mat, if it didnt cause you to slip and break an ankle, would wear pretty damn quick

i have seen others try alternatives only to tear them off to replace them with hydroturf.

hydroturf do a lot ot support our sport and im proud to represent them here in ontario and to support them...

... thats my $0.02 on the matter!
    www.canadian-freestyle.com
    Look for us on facebook - Canadian Freestyle
    stocking Authorised Airtime products, Hot Products, Powerfactor products, Gecko head gear, swift lift, jet lift totes/carts & Hydroturf dealer and also
    RAGE composites - BRAWLER HULL

PWC
    The Superjet

Quote Originally Posted by steve-uk View Post
    well ive been selling hydroturf for a while now and offer canadianpwc and x-h20 the sheets at $75 a sheet

if you cant afford a sheet of turf at $75 you maybe in the wrong sport... imo

hydroturf was designed for use on watercraft etc, yoga mats are not, unless there is a new trend i didnt hear about

most likely once the yoga mat is wet, it will become slippery, plus yoga mats dont normally have footwear rubbing on them all the time, the yoga mat, if it didnt cause you to slip and break an ankle, would wear pretty damn quick

i have seen others try alternatives only to tear them off to replace them with hydroturf.

hydroturf do a lot ot support our sport and im proud to represent them here in ontario and to support them...

... thats my $0.02 on the matter!
    Im gonna have to agree with every word of this, HT is number 1 for a reason!
    Blackjack/Jetworks-Gord Bush performance-Hatefactory freeride FTW

PWC
    96 Seadoo SPC 717

Well i didn't say hydro turf isn't good and i haven't used it myself in the first place so i have no clue. either way i am probably going to see if i can find that mat on sale and try it out. i know for sure there is an alternative that is waterproof and can handle that kind of ware. no doubt if the ski is used alot then anything else will probably just tear up but for the look and if used only once/twice a month then it can last the season.

PWC
    94 blaster

i hate to say it, but i think your wasting your time. you'll end up back where you started before to long. ive tried different alternatives over the years, and always end up back at the original.

then, it cost even more, with time and having to replace it again.