Thread: Introduction

Default Introduction

Hi Everyone - just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I stumbled upon this forum while searching for yamaha super jet's for sale in the Ottawa/Toronto/Montreal corridor.

I've got a 1997 XP and would like to add another watercraft to the fleet because there are other people that I'd like to get on the water at the same time this summer. I've been pretty sold on the older 2-stroke XP's, but I happened to catch a video of a super jet 700 on youtube. It looked like so much fun!!! The tricks where amazing!!! I think I may have caught the bug...I'm trying to educate myself on them and any information is appreciated. They definitely seem more pricey than the XP's, but you have to pay to play.

Thanks!

PWC
    The Superjet

Welcome to the site!
    Superjets and waveblasters are where its at, its not even close to riding an XP.

Just ask any questions you may have.
    Last edited by DirtyJ; 01-26-2012 at 05:15 AM.
    Blackjack/Jetworks-Gord Bush performance-Hatefactory freeride FTW

PWC
    701 SN SJ

Welcome to the site...soon it will be out with the xp and in with a blaster and a sj! You'll be addicted in no time.

Also check out x-h2o.com for all your superjet needs.
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA
    Amazing leather and vinyl repair!
    Marine, Automotive, Furniture, RV's, powersports, and much more!
    www.fibrenew.com/simcoe-muskoka

Fixed steer 808 Bigbore RN SJ

Default RE:

Quote Originally Posted by SERiOUS View Post
    Welcome to the site...soon it will be out with the xp and in with a blaster and a sj! You'll be addicted in no time.

Also check out x-h2o.com for all your superjet needs.
    Thanks Guys! How can I try one of these out? I'm located in Ottawa & none of my friends have or have had one. I'm not sure I've even seen a jet ski on the water. Do you just have to take the plunge and buy one? The Yamaha Super Jet "round nose" seems to be the machine people are after...

PWC
    The Superjet

Quote Originally Posted by doug123 View Post
    Thanks Guys! How can I try one of these out? I'm located in Ottawa & none of my friends have or have had one. I'm not sure I've even seen a jet ski on the water. Do you just have to take the plunge and buy one? The Yamaha Super Jet "round nose" seems to be the machine people are after...

Just take the plunge!

Either the square nose or round nose superjets are the way you want to go. The round nose has the better engine platfrom and more aftermarket hull mods are avaliable. SN is cheaper to start with so if you want to progress you can move onto a RN.
    Blackjack/Jetworks-Gord Bush performance-Hatefactory freeride FTW

PWC
    701 SN SJ

You won't regret jumping In...if you want to wait though you are welcome to ride mine if you ever make it over my way. There aare a ffew rides coming up this summer it would be worth your while to meet some more peeps anCHeck out different setups.

Get whatever your budget allows but preferably get something
    with a 701.
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA

Quote Originally Posted by SERiOUS View Post
    You won't regret jumping In...if you want to wait though you are welcome to ride mine if you ever make it over my way. There aare a ffew rides coming up this summer it would be worth your while to meet some more peeps anCHeck out different setups.

Get whatever your budget allows but preferably get something
    with a 701.
    Wow! thanks! Any thoughts on this machine? From what I've read so far, Round Nose is the way to go if budget permits.

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ348062349

I checked out the other site. The video looks wicked. Definitely worth a drive down to Daytona to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=j-FuQupDPgw

Can you guys recommend the best spot for life jackets, etc.? I've got to get geared up.

Thanks!

Doug.

PWC
    701 SN SJ

IMHO...not a steal but a fair price, especially up here north of the border. It looks clean and has all the nice parts on it so if budget allows I would do it.
    FIBRENEW SIMCOE MUSKOKA

PWC
    2007 stock superjet

hey doug ,i'm in the ottawa region on the quebec side , but whe ride the ottawa river quite a bit. i have tree superjets a waveblaster II and hopefully soon a waveblaster I (in the works). i got my first one 2 years ago and just love it.YAMAHA SUPERJET and nothing else for me. if you have any questions or just looking to try one before you buy, just let me know, we will be about 6 stand up riding old farts for this summer,so if you want you can ride with us. great bunch of guys here on the forum with a lot of knowledge, they helped me out too when i started out, thanks everybody!

Mario 819-671-6199
    Last edited by predatorr03; 03-16-2012 at 01:55 PM.