PWC
    1989 seadoo sp, 1990 seadoo gt, 2001 seadoo 2000 challenger

Default 1989 seadoo nothing happening? Solenoid problem??

Working on my 1989 seadoo, Strong battery (reading 13 at test) starter has been removed and tested works great. put the two together on the machine and nothing just
    click at start button. Would it be solenoid? Can you just cross the 2 main post with 14 gauge wire and see if the solenoid is bad? Earlier this spring when I went to start there was just a whirring noise, starter did not engage, thought it was the starter thats why it is off. Any help would be appreciated. The 1990 seadoo is running well
    138 psi. 1989 seadoo was fully winterized and had 150 & 149 psi last fall when winterized. Thanks

PWC

So, solenoid is operational. I crossed the two main posts and starter worked perfectly. Had solenoid tested it is working fine. Checked wiring all the way through did a couple of connectors (little loose)
    still can not get it to fire up using starter switch with lanyard in place. Any ideas??? Running out of things to look for and going bald scratching my head. Hopefully someone might have an idea. Watsie

PWC
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by watsie50 View Post
    So, solenoid is operational. I crossed the two main posts and starter worked perfectly. Had solenoid tested it is working fine. Checked wiring all the way through did a couple of connectors (little loose)
    still can not get it to fire up using starter switch with lanyard in place. Any ideas??? Running out of things to look for and going bald scratching my head. Hopefully someone might have an idea. Watsie
    If you crossed the main contacts and it started and the solonoid clicks but doesnt start when you hit the start button it must be the solonoid. Check and see if you get voltage with a volt meter on the starter side of the solonoid when you hit the start button.

PWC

Default figured it out

Quote Originally Posted by X2guy View Post
    If you crossed the main contacts and it started and the solonoid clicks but doesnt start when you hit the start button it must be the solonoid. Check and see if you get voltage with a volt meter on the starter side of the solonoid when you hit the start button.
    Thanks for the help. Managed to get it figured out on Saturday. @ brown lines ended up on wrong side. Rookie mistake all well now. Thanks for input. Watsie50