PWC
    1998 Seadoo GS

Default Transport question

Ok, here’s my dilemma….

I just purchased my first jet ski, a 98 Seadoo GS in mint condition. My only problem is how I can go about loading / unloading it into the back of my truck by myself. I can’t use a Seadoo trailer as I am also hauling a 25 foot travel trailer….in the truck box in the only option.

Don’t worry about suggesting something I need to fabricate as I do have access to various types of aluminum, have experience building trailers, and am proficient at welding.

Cheers,
    Grizz

PWC
    Superjet

Couple ideas

Ramp with rollers and a winch on the end of your truck bed
    Power Ramp
    Truck Cranes

PWC
    1998 Seadoo GS

That power ramp is a neat idea!!

Basically I was thinking about doing sort of the same concept. I was going to make a carrier on air ride wheels that I can winch into and out of the truck box. Once you move the carrier out of the truck you could move the Seadoo in or out of the water by hand.

i had a crazy idea to have a ramp with rollers on it, and a winch at the front of the bed. put the boat on a dolly to get it to the ramp, winch it up the ramp, and have another set of rollers in the bed to roll it forward.

i probably need to think that out more though.

PWC
    Superjet

Another power ramp...
    JET TRAX

PWC
    1998 Seadoo GS

Thnaks for all the suggestions guys!! I think I am going to build a custom fit "heavy duty" shop dollie on air ride turf tires that I can winch in and out of my truck box. I'll post some pictures when I am finished if you are interested.

Cheers

after looking at those links, they give me some good ideas as to what i am going to build. my idea was similar to them to begin with. i was going to have a ramp with rollers sit on my tailgate, and a fixed rack with rollers in the bed of the truck. winch the boat into the bed, pick up the ramp and put it in the bed too.

wish i could weld aluminum.