PWC
    93 Seadoo XP

Default Canada PWC Laws...BC mostly. Federal, good to know too.

Hey folks. First post here. Looks like a good spot!

I am looking at getting back into a used PWC. Been many years since I have owned one. Probably 15 years or so. I am thinking about a project and rebuilding a stand up '91 Kawi 550 SX. I am curious if there are any new laws I should be aware of, Nationally, Provincial, or even Regional locally here. I do know about the pleasure craft operators card, I already have one as I own a ski boat. I am more interested in laws pertaining to PWC's. Are 2 stoke engines still fine to run on public waterways? Anyone heard about any closures in BC in particular? Are there any noise restrictions? Or anything else I should know about before I buy a used stand up? Are helmets required? Don't think so as I don't see many.

Your input is appreciated. Once I hear back, I'll go to the next step of finding and acquiring a 550SX! Thx.

PWC
    1993 Kawasaki X2

Default Rules?? There's No Rules!!

Welcome back to the addiction. The only rules i know of is registration numbers and i think your supose to have the fire exting in it. Its been a long time since i've read the rules as well, being that i got my boat operators card the first year they offered them. it doest even quite look like the new ones. I also ride were theres no one around to yell at me for how loud my X2 is. Plus i wouldnt hear them if they did. you are not required to have a tether if the machine was never sold with one but that is a nice upgrade. Look at the boat operators card study book, it'll have all the rules. when i go ride i only take my modded X2, life jacket, swim shorts and myself. on kijiji theres a 550sx with a blown motor for $200. There was also one a couple of months ago with a nice paint job for $2000 running. $2000 is a little steep for a 550 but the paint job is what sold me on it. Happy hunting!
    Last edited by X-2UDE DUDE; 02-10-2014 at 10:30 AM.

PWC
    Superjet

Scroll down to "Personal Watercraft (PWC)"
    Minimum Safety Equipment Requirements

PWC
    93 Seadoo XP

Thx guys. Nothing new then since these laws also apply to my boat. I did find a $200 SX550 with a blown motor! I pick it up tomorrow.
    Gonna be fun putting it back in service.

PWC
    dfughdfugh

Default nice

this is very nice post