PWC
    2009 GTI & 2005 GTX Supercharged

Question Registering a Used PWC? (Transfer of Ownership)

Hi Everyone,

New to the watercraft hobby and am in need of some help. I am purchasing a pair of PWC's on a dual trailer and am not sure how the registration process works for them.

How to I register the two Sea-Doos and how to I register the trailer? I am meeting the seller tonight and would like to ensure I get all necessary documentation from him so that I don't have to go back to him and ask him for something else.

Any help on this would be super appreciated as it seems I have to go through Transport Canada? and I'm not 100% confident I am reading everything correctly.

Thanks!!

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
    Hi Everyone,

New to the watercraft hobby and am in need of some help. I am purchasing a pair of PWC's on a dual trailer and am not sure how the registration process works for them.

How to I register the two Sea-Doos and how to I register the trailer? I am meeting the seller tonight and would like to ensure I get all necessary documentation from him so that I don't have to go back to him and ask him for something else.

Any help on this would be super appreciated as it seems I have to go through Transport Canada? and I'm not 100% confident I am reading everything correctly.

Thanks!!

Matt
    Matt,

I hope your transaction went well, and I know this late getting in, but I figured this will help everyone reading this

You register or transfer a Pleasure Craft License via Transport Canada by mail or online

The link is below

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety...WT.mc_id=8x9zi

It's an extremely easy process and one that is oddly underwhelming

The trailer ownership will need to be completed at a Service(BC?) Ontario and you will need the signed current ownership in hand. Frequently people register trailers as home built to avoid this issue

Regards

Mike