Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1998 Seadoo GTX Limted

When I Start my GTX I have no readout of Fuel level and I have a intermitting Beep. Any help would be helpful . Thanks

PWC
    98 SXi Pro

Remove the fuel baffle in the tank & check the float inside. The original black ones eventually get saturated & sink.

Chester
    4 out of the 5 voices in my head say, pull the trigger!

Chester

Thanks Chester for the reply. I was going to check the sender to see if it was stuck. Thanks

Hi Chester I removed the fuel sender and the float whick is cream color has gas inside of it. It is to heavy to float. The dealer tells me that you have to buy the whole assembly. They will not sell just the float.

PWC
    98 SXi Pro

I'll look up the float # at work on Tuesday for you. It's not that easy to find. I think it's listed in the Sea-Doo Blue Book.

Chester
    4 out of the 5 voices in my head say, pull the trigger!

Chester

PWC
    '98 Challenger 1800 Wake

The part # for the float kit is 295-500-438 and it's about $9

But... Make sure that the circuitry inside the baffle is okay. Re-connect the baffle and manually push the float up and down and see if you get a reading. If you do - then just the float, if you don't then the baffle is shot too.

The baffle can be repaired since it's a small fuse on the top of the circuit board that goes - but it's a bit tricky and you'll need to solder in a new fuse (or solder over old one - to complete the circuit)

Gabe

Thanks everybody for the help. I will try the to reconnect the sender and slide the sender up and down. Thanks Gabe.

Hey Gabe I live in the U.S. Where can I find the float # 295-500-438. Thanks

PWC
    '98 Challenger 1800 Wake

Any Seadoo dealer should be able to get the part for you.

Another thing you can try is to drill a small hole in the float to drain any fuel inside... then use a hot knife or soldering gun to melt the seams on the float.

I've done that in a pinch but since the float is pretty cheap I just replace them.

Hey Gabe I bought a new float kit for my gtx. I need to know if you have pics of the fuel sender repair and also I have a low volt reading evberytime i start the machine. I have got two new batteries for it. Have any ideas. Thanks Steve