Default 1999 GTX RFI Zinc anode

I just bought a Seadoo GTX RFI and I will be using it in salty waters. I looked around the jetski and could not fing the zinc anode or sacrificial anode. I also got the seadoo manual on CD and searched for anode but did not find any references at all.

Can anyone tell me if this jetski should have a zinc anode and where it should be located?

don't think it would need one, as you would pull the boat out after and rinse it down (including an engine flush).

plus, it's a fiberglass hull. don't recall fiberglass ever reacting with salt water.

PWC
    '98 Challenger 1800 Wake

The Jetboats came with anodes so if you want to add one to your GTX get your dealer to look one up from a Challenger or whatever... Not a bad idea since your ride plate and intake grate are aluminum and salt water does a number on them..

Gabe

i've sailed boats with aluminum spars in salt water. in fact, all the metals on the boat were aluminum. a simple rinse after haulout will suffice. run a hose thru your cooling system (there should be a connector in the engine compartment) to flush everything internal. spray down the impeller and ride plate after that. when you get home, run a spray of wd40 on the metal bits in the engine compartment.

done deal.