Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Now it's performance parts time

Hey All,

Well now that the ATP foot holds are in and the re-turfing is almost done, I've ordered some stuff that goes in the hull ;-)

I'll be adding the parts below and my ATP hand holds shortly.

I do need a 61x stator though...so if anyone has one (I have 62T cases, so to use this 61x flywheel I need a matching stator).

This girdled head comes with pump and race gas domes:

Cheers

The skis: http://184.69.7.106/clients/bryan/jetski/
    No I'm not one of the fat bastards on the picnic table ;-)

YEAH!!!! nice moves on the wheel! What compression or cc is the domes in the head, And some two stage reeds! hahaha i swear you were in my garage stealing those parts but you forgot the extra 61x stator i got as a backup. lol your ski is going to rip!
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc
    YEAH!!!! nice moves on the wheel! What compression or cc is the domes in the head, And some two stage reeds! hahaha i swear you were in my garage stealing those parts but you forgot the extra 61x stator i got as a backup. lol your ski is going to rip!
    LOL!!

Not sure on the compression or cc, but I'd guess the piump gas ones give 185 (seems to be the standard cut off for most pump gas needs...those seem to be 34-35cc usually). I bet the race gas bump it to 200psi or better

So an extra 61x stator you say?? You don't really need a back up do you?? hehe

i probably don't need a backup 61x stator.... but, if i did need to have one at some point, it sure would be nice to have it in that box on the shelf. I don't know what that is supposed to mean but i think i am going to hold onto my old one at least until i know this newer one i installed works. it would be nice if i had race gas domes to throw in once in a while but don't know if its worth it. i would loose the stuffers. what else are you getting, your not done yet are you?
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

LOL...well I may be about to win one on eBay (with an extra stock 61x wheel).

So why lose the stuffers? aren't they supposed to help?

...and No I ain't done yet (will start with single intake and a Super BN 44 after some advice from a wrencher with far more years than I)....I may head to a 46 if the 44 doesn't cut it. I was told something like the ATP freestyle carb is too much carb for my engine (I haven't ported and trued that crap out of it yet...or gone big bore).

Cheers

i have never read that stuffer did anything good, they are old technology i think. There was a thread at the X-h20 about it and someone was running them for years was thinking about taking them out and i still haven't read the results but people are betting his ski will rip better without them. Don't goto a single on 62t cases UNLESSSS it is a big carb like ATP's Powerbomb, Full spec. That 44 is only good for making 80hp +/- a few. Your 38's with some work will make better hp. stock hp is 72, you have a b-pipe and your bumping compression up, 62t are meant to run duals and is risky unless its a big carb with reworked circuits that deliver more fuel. Just my opinion.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

hehe....and the guy I'm chatting with says too big of a carb will cause hard starts and will be unreliable. He says he's tried all sorts of dal and single setups and reccommends to all his clients to go single.

Oh well....I'll do some more research and take it from there....but thanks for the advice!!

Thta's the problem wityh the web....too many opinions and not enough rock solid facts...hehe

Cheers

weird that he would say that, last year when the season started i ran a stock 61x jug with stock 62t cases, the kawi 650 conversion manifold and a single 48mm powerbomb, ada head 35cc domes, msd enhancer, boysen reeds. stock flywheel. i was told by one guy that he thought too much carb but it worked awesome. it started instatly even after 3 days of sitting in the garage. now i am going to go to dual 48's lol i am assuming it is way too much carb for my motor but it doesn't mean you can't dial it in to run and build your motor into the carbs. if your getting the atp mani, it would almost be a waste to put a 44 instead of a 46/48mm, your right to many internet opinions and mine is just one more, you gotta do whatever you want and make it your own setup. just hate to see you spend money on a single 44 and a sweet mani and not make as much power as your stock 38mm.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc
    weird that he would say that, last year when the season started i ran a stock 61x jug with stock 62t cases, the kawi 650 conversion manifold and a single 48mm powerbomb, ada head 35cc domes, msd enhancer, boysen reeds. stock flywheel. i was told by one guy that he thought too much carb but it worked awesome. it started instatly even after 3 days of sitting in the garage. now i am going to go to dual 48's lol i am assuming it is way too much carb for my motor but it doesn't mean you can't dial it in to run and build your motor into the carbs. if your getting the atp mani, it would almost be a waste to put a 44 instead of a 46/48mm, your right to many internet opinions and mine is just one more, you gotta do whatever you want and make it your own setup. just hate to see you spend money on a single 44 and a sweet mani and not make as much power as your stock 38mm.
    I told him what ya said.....he has now clarified ;-)

1st...if I get a 44 I ain't gettin the ATP mani...no point

He said that he figures it's better to start with a 44 because they are cheap and easy to find and will re-sell just as easily if it's not enough. Then I also have something to compare with (which honestly helps me learn the best...experience).

Then if I need to...jump up to a 46....same goes...easy to re-sell.

He figures if I went whole hog I wouldn't know if it's any better than a 44 and if it doesn't work well with my motor...I'll lose $ on the resale.

So there ya go....same way I fix my vehicles (I suck at diagnosis but can fix anything once I know what's wrong)....start with the cheap part and go from there (fuel delivery issue....check gas tank....then replace fuel filter....then fuel pump...and so on).

So I'll give it a whirl....can't be any worse than I've got now....and hey I could probably get a 46 inside of aweek if it doesn't do it for me.

All good stuff to know...learning as quick as I can!!

Cheers

i understand what your buddy says, but i still think your loosing power. Do some research and come to your own conclussion as there is many opinions and options. here is some reading material.
    http://www.x-h2o.com/showthread.php?t=147

http://www.x-h2o.com/showthread.php?t=13273

BTW what did that flywheel set you back and where did you get it, i can't wait to try mine out.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet