Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

the past week and a half its been colder, most of our frost is out of the ground so the snow flurries we are getting melt when the sun makes an appereance. I hope to be back out in a week or two.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

Whats even more torture is im in Houston right now and its 29C today and sunny..No ski.. Next im off to Equatorial Guinea in West Africa.. um plus 35-40C and huge ocean swell.. No ski.. im going to cry.. But have to pay for that damn 20K SXR somehow..
    06 SXR Freeride Machine.

wow, you travel alot for work, hope you get to work around home when ride season shows it's face. I am running out of mods to do to my ski so i hope the warm weather rolls in soon.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

i know what you mean.. the next mods are pretty big investments on mine.. Skat Pump
    Drop Nozzle
    Carbs
    Hood
    Hull
    Serious motor work (maybe a bored over stroker kit)

Or I could just get a Superjet with a few mods and have a better Freestyle ski.. ha

What do you have into your build D?
    06 SXR Freeride Machine.

well i started building the ski at the beginning of last winter with just a hull and steering cable. I must have spend 6000 on it last year. (everything from epoxy/kevlar to hull fittings and bolts, lots of new parts, all from the usa=exchange/duty) i got the motor from lance-lakes (steve) in exchange for a bunch of parts he needed. This winter i spend close to another 1500 getting the motor freshend up and some more important hp parts. This ski would have to have 7500 into it and it rips hard, A 20k sxr should be insane but so would a 12k superjet. Ask steve how much he has into his ski, lol better not. I would like to see someone shorten a sxr hull and run a d-cut plate to see if it would help it jump. That is one thing my sxi did too, it would cut through a wake instead of bounce up off it. Maybe shortening it would allow it to pop. i should see if i can cut my buddy's sxi hull to see if it helps the kawis jump a bit easier.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

yeah 10K to buy + 4k in UMI/Blowsion/TBM stuff + 4K into the motor and add 1K worth of carbs and 1K for a Carbon hood kit (still waiting on the confirm about this one).. presto.. An sxr that isn't even in the super stock class (but snaps your neck back like it should be.. nm it has a flywheel and waterbox = superstock) I think im going to try that ECWI as well.. I don't feel bad though, my buddies AC sledd was 15K to buy and has another 15K into it.. Or my local Yami dealers 80K 400+HP Turbo Apex that weighs like 450 lbs.. Hey at least the ladies are more nekkid in our sport!

I cut my stock ride plate and it did lighten up the front quite a bit.. Hold off on that Sxi cut it may make it porpose too much.. HP helps so much with the jumping but riding skill is bar none ( i ride with a guy who can get half a BR on a 550sx from his own wake )..
    I have and R&D extended but rarely put it on.. It did help at Slave lake last summer where we have some 5' swells to contend with.. It needed the extra pressure to keep the nose down on those monsters. I'm going to cut a D into it when im back in AB but the carbon D plate looks pretty sweet too.. Anything to lighten up the beast helps. (310lbs is my goal)
    06 SXR Freeride Machine.

Crazy how it adds up, lol, I forgot you started with a new ski so your 10K into it right off the start. How big can you bore the 800 cylinders upto without sleeving. It would seem to me the kawi guys can get some big cc. I know when i had my kawi, i looked into a westcoast jug (simular to superjet lamey) and it was a 830cc. i wish i could have scored one of those to build a kawi bigbore. maybe i will get all my kawi stuff back from buddy and put it back together.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

you know its like a 761cc right now.. guess it rounds up.. but i think there is an 850cc big bore stroker kit out there some where.. Scott from Blowsion said something about a 250HP boat.. but that sound a little unreal.. hey who knows JSU builds their motors.. I think Malones boat was a Polaris 1200cc.. dont quote me on that but fun to dream..
    I have heard lots of good this about the 750sx into a freeride machine.. I ride with two of them regularly but they are stock.. (slow off the bottom but still a blast)
    I need to get my 92 PJS F-15 running.. Now thats a boat.. 70hp 250lbs.. it would pull with my stock SXR but I could sub it so deep I had to start wonder when I was goin to come up.. (mind you it was always half full of water) .. Stupid thing keeps tearing itself apart at the drive shaft/hull.. I liked the solar panel in the handle pole.. neat idea..
    06 SXR Freeride Machine.

a 250 hp ski would have to be something above 1000cc and Race fuel, probably not a daily rider. i think malone does have a 1200cc ish polaris based motor on a custom kawi hull. 230lbs is what i heard but thats just talk. That pjs viper sounds like a crazy wild ride/money pit. lol. Thats the thing with the old skis like the 550 we ride once in awhile, it seems like it could be broken very easily so you try not to ride it too hard. If i rode the 550 as hard as my superjet the motor would pop, the hood would crack and the handpole would snap. lol good thing it sits in the shack most of the season, last time we took it out the throttle stuck and it ghost rode the river for 20 min. before it finally hit shore and we could kill it. lol stupid 550's what a blast.
    1996 SuperfrickenJet

So your outta Vic area? Maybe im just making that up.. I cant wait to ride.. I know im going to nail that BR this year.. Two of my buddies bought Mastercraft X-1's so I dont think a good launch pad is an excuse anymore.. Had it half way off my own wake last year but figured it out just in time for it to freeze up..
    06 SXR Freeride Machine.